Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Sending out prayers for all of those who requested, and need them...

I have a prayer request: I have a test on the urinary system tomorrow, and I've studied A LOT more than I have been lately on tests. I have come to realize that I really need to study long, and hard. Pray that I pass the test tomorrow?
    Thanks
    Good luck, I'm sorry I don't remember are you studying veterinary medicine?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Good luck, I'm sorry I don't remember are you studying veterinary medicine?
    Yes. and loving every aspect of it!
    The test was more difficult than I imagined, but I'm crossing my fingers....

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Jennie is dying

My dear elderly friend Jennie is dying.

Her daughter and I had been messaging back and forth. My aunt is also ill with terminal cancer, and I wanted to see Jennie but needed to be here for my aunt AND my mom.

Jennie's daughter said that even though she had had a heart attack, the docs expected her to have another 18 months, so to give my family priority of course!

I was going to call Jennie Sunday but was exhausted.

Today - about 11 hours ago now - Jennie's daughter posted that she had spend 7 hours in emerg with her mom. Jennie has congestive heart failure. Trouble breathing...liver function has stopped. Kidneys are shutting down. To quote: "She is shutting down."

Prayers please that her passing is peaceful. Jennie knows how much she meant to me, and she and Pappy and I always said the "I love you's."

Thanks.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I have to find another position. Pray that I find one quickly and it's something I'm well qualified for.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I have to find another position. Pray that I find one quickly and it's something I'm well qualified for.
    All fingers, paws and whiskers crossed for you. Are you looking for another nursing position?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

We will keep you all in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

My prayers will be offered for all who need them.

Prayers for all who need them.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    All fingers, paws and whiskers crossed for you. Are you looking for another nursing position?
    Yep. I've got an interview on Thursday - university hospital with a good reputation, with several primary care sites in the surrounding suburbs. They're looking for a nurse to handle insurance communications and discharge planning for patients from the primary care clinics who have managed care insurance and are admitted to the hospital. I can do that. I'd be happy working there because I got my master's from their program - and also because they now have an on-site fitness center, which they didn't when I was a student there. I'm sure I could do good work there and I'd learn a lot.

Thank you so much! I'll update after Thursday---
    elyse

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Yep. I've got an interview on Thursday - university hospital with a good reputation, with several primary care sites in the surrounding suburbs. They're looking for a nurse to handle insurance communications and discharge planning for patients from the primary care clinics who have managed care insurance and are admitted to the hospital. I can do that. I'd be happy working there because I got my master's from their program - and also because they now have an on-site fitness center, which they didn't when I was a student there. I'm sure I could do good work there and I'd learn a lot.

elyse
    Good luck with your interview, I will be praying for you.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

elyse
    Good luck, cassiesmom! I'll definitely be thinking of you.

I feel bad asking this, it's pretty stupid. But I did really bad at auditions (let's not even go there) and I think I really put my job on the line...ugh. People have started getting calls already and I haven't yet. Can you please hope (WITH me!) that I got my job back? I also have another request..I have HSPA's next week - it's a graduation requirement - meaning I HAVE TO PASS them. If I don't pass them, then I need to take a class next year and drop one of my science courses that I REALLY need to take, and TAKE them again.. Please wish me luck next week with these exams? Thank you guys, and of course I'll be thinking of all of you too

Yep. I've got an interview on Thursday - university hospital with a good reputation, with several primary care sites in the surrounding suburbs.
    elyse
    I got an e-mail today. Didn't get it; didn't even get a second interview. I'm disappointed. I have another interview tomorrow with a company near the Merchandise Mart.

And dad is in the hospital. He's been having jaw and shoulder pain with activity for the past several weeks and it has gotten to the point where he's getting it with less and less activity. He called his cardiologist, who sent him to the hospital, and they kept him for some following up.

cassiesmom...Your dad is in good hands - I hope he feels much better soon.

And your next job is just around the corner - it and you just haven't quite met yet!

And dad is in the hospital. He's been having jaw and shoulder pain with activity for the past several weeks and it has gotten to the point where he's getting it with less and less activity. He called his cardiologist, who sent him to the hospital, and they kept him for some following up.
    Update. Dad had one blocked artery, so he had one stent placed. he managed to avoid catching the cold my mom and I both had. It took about a week for him to get back to his usual energy level and he is still taking iron tablets.

No news on the job hunt yet. I've sent out a bunch of resumes, made a lot of follow-up calls. Nothing yet. I have a few more follow-up calls to make next week.

I got an e-mail today. Didn't get it; didn't even get a second interview. I'm disappointed. I have another interview tomorrow with a company near the Merchandise Mart.

Updates and a new request:
    Dad is doing great. His biggest complaint is that his knees hurt (arthritis in both of them) when he walks around the block. The weather has been so nice that he and mom try to walk around the block every evening after supper. It is difficult for mom because of her post-infection arthritis so they go slow. His doctor said he should go back to cardiac rehab so he is on the waiting list for that.

I didn't get the job near the Mart. The building was beautiful, though - the old Chicago Central Office Building has had a major rehab.

New request: I have an interview for a position in the suburbs next week Tuesday morning. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you,
    Elyse