Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hybrid View

The couple that I cat sit for (I've known them for about 15 years) lost a son today in a fatal car crash. He was driving in his car early this morning and lost control going around a curve. He went head on into a big ditch and somehow the car came up and hit a tree and that's when he went flying out the back window. Ken leaves behind a wife and two young sons. We are all devastated.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    The couple that I cat sit for (I've known them for about 15 years) lost a son today in a fatal car crash. He was driving in his car early this morning and lost control going around a curve. He went head on into a big ditch and somehow the car came up and hit a tree and that's when he went flying out the back window. Ken leaves behind a wife and two young sons. We are all devastated.
    How absolutely awful! My nephew-in-law died in the same way. Our only consolation was that we were told he probably died instantly. I do hope that was the case w/this young man. I'm so sorry.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

How tragic Slick. Many prayers and condolences for you and the family.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Link to the Candles

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...eng&gi=pet%20t

Pet Talk has its own group on gratefulness.org where you can light a virtual candle and leave a message. There is a thread about it in cat general and a cross-post to dog general, but this thread is easier to find so I thought I would put a link to the candles here as well.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers for Roger.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My brother in law's Aunt Kathy and Uncle Mike were in a horrific car accident this weekend, near Indianapolis. They were returning home from visiting a new baby. Uncle Mike is not expected to make it, and if he does, it will be in a very limited form. Please pray for Aunt Kathy, who has significant injuries, Uncle Mike and their 3 adult children as the future slowly and painfully unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    My brother in law's Aunt Kathy and Uncle Mike were in a horrific car accident this weekend, near Indianapolis. They were returning home from visiting a new baby. Uncle Mike is not expected to make it, and if he does, it will be in a very limited form. Please pray for Aunt Kathy, who has significant injuries, Uncle Mike and their 3 adult children as the future slowly and painfully unfolds.

Of course, prayers going up for all concerned and for you, too, Johanna.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prayers will be offered for all. Too many sad stories so prayers for healing and curing and a few miracles as well will be said.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Ken had type 1 diabetes for over 20 years and from what they can gather, he blacked out behind the wheel. He just got off working graveyard shift and was about 4 km from home when it happened. This is #2. #1 was a kind man who was the son-in-law of a lovely lady on the 11th floor of my building. He hung himself on July 10th. Again, he leaves behind a wife and two young daughters.

As my grandmother used to say, everything comes in 3's.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Pathologies won't be ready for another week but Roger can come home either Sunday or Monday, if his system begins to function properly again.

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.

slick...just prayers, prayers and hugs and hugs.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That parents are back; the funeral was on Sunday. Over 300 people packed the church and the whole community came together to help out the family. Because the children are out of school, a different church volunteer shows up every day to take kids out and show them a good time and this will continue until September - and of course there is the food...miles and miles of food showing up at the doorstep. It's amazing what a community can accomplish and thoughts are turned to others.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Roger is now home from the hospital. He had a Chest CAT scan and PET scan done before he was discharged. He has to have a bone marrow test and Nuclear test (to make sure his heart and organs are strong enough for Chemo) still.

Once those results are back, we'll know how to procede. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Sending prayers and love to those of you who posted before me. I have been looking at this thread since I joined but never had an occasion to ask for prayer. . .until now.

My husband Barry has sustained a nerve injury in his back that is affecting his right leg. We're not entirely sure what happened and he will probably have to have an MRI in the next week or so to see exactly what is going on, but he is in a lot of pain. So far he is taking anti-inflammatory meds and doing physical therapy to see if that can begin the healing process - it's only been a few days, but he is still hurting badly. I feel very helpless in the face of this and so does he.

I feel that if he is in the good hearts of the PT folks, he will benefit by the healing thoughts and prayers that will go out about his injury.

Thank you all for being there. . .

Cathy

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain