Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hybrid View

Another update..

Yesterday I wrote a three page letter to the manager of the By-Law department, the big wig of AC, asking for an exception to the dangerous dog rules. He knows us, but I wrote like he had never heard of me before. I gave him all of Mac's history, hoping his lousy puppyhood might pull some heartstrings!

I described my fencing, kennel set-up, escape precautions. Told him that Mac is already kept in a secure manner, that he's neutered, permanently id'ed and that I have plenty of liability insurance(all things that a dangerous dog designation requires). Explained why I let Mac run loose to start with(to distract loose dogs from jumping my team). That he's never been a problem in any way before and that he will never be off-leash again. Explained that he is high energy and needs an outlet; has no ability to wander when he's in harness and asked that he be allowed to continue his life as a working dog.

I reititerated that Mac was not acting aggressively; that he was playing. And I invited him to the house to meet Mac in his normal environment displaying his normal behavior, anytime he wants to come by. I don't have anything to hide.

He emailed me this morning saying that he had forwarded the information to the investigating officer(who I think was on my side) and his supervisor(the second in command of AC) for their input and a response. So, he didn't outright say NO which gives me some hope that we can reach an agreement that works for everyone.

Keep your paws crossed!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Hey God ~ Kan Ya drop in at da Yukon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

Yesterday I wrote a three page letter to the manager of the By-Law department ...

He emailed me this morning ... forwarded the information to the investigating officer
    and his supervisor ... for their input and a response.
    So, he didn't outright say NO which gives me some hope ...
    Soundz like a God Job!

HI, God ~

Kan You jest *drop by* da By-Law and AC Departments ...
    maybe drop a *hint* or two 'bout a nice lil "Overly Friendly" Husky ...

See iffin You can't bake *A Deal* wiff da AC Guyz ta go *eezie* on poor Mac.

THANKS, God!
    /s/ the Prayer Pups

I think it was a good move to invite one of the authorities to visit your
    house set up at any time, & be welcomed.I believe the fine is plenty
    fair & he'll have a pledge it won't happen again. Prayers continue for
    you and Mac.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Prayers please for rcgirl_ca, who didn't ask for them, but who emailed to let me know she slipped on some ice and put her back out. She still cannot sit for very long, but is getting better. Prayers for rapid recovery for her!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh goodness, that's no fun! Prayers going out right now for a rapid recovery......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Grandpa is back in hospital again, after falling and hitting his head in the shower because he was complaining of dizziness. Oh, and the hospital released him the same day this happened. More prayers are needed, again. I don't know how much of this I can take.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Prayers please for rcgirl_ca, who didn't ask for them, but who emailed to let me know she slipped on some ice and put her back out. She still cannot sit for very long, but is getting better. Prayers for rapid recovery for her!
    I'm so sorry to hear this. She's not having a good year. She just got over being very sick and now this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

I've had the flu and strep throat (2 weeks ago)... hubby had the flu. Hubby now has bronchitis. I just got home from the dr. and have pneumonia. Could you all please say a prayer that this doesn't get worse?

Thanks,
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom
    I've had the flu and strep throat (2 weeks ago)... hubby had the flu. Hubby now has bronchitis. I just got home from the dr. and have pneumonia. Could you all please say a prayer that this doesn't get worse?

Thanks,
    Crystal
    Be very careful with this flu - I hear that it returns if you don't get the proper rest and take good care now. It had me flat for almost two weeks.

You have my prayers.