Page 59 of 216 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Kay - not sure what MeMaw is....you mean your mom lost a sister now?

OMG....Prayers big time...for you and all your family.

Someone once said, "Life was scripted by an idiot." At times like this, you have to wonder.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Memaw is what I call my grandma. The poor lady has watched her husband go through a nasty episode, was sent to the ER herself, and now she's lost her sister.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom
    My brother-in-law was diagnosed yesterday with untreatable pancreatic cancer. They removed a softball sized tumor that was attached to his liver. The doctors say he's got less than two months, but not to expect two full months...

I'm so sorry Scooter's Mom ~ Thinking of your BIL and the rest of your family. {{HUGS}}

I wanted to add Sherman to this thread, if he hasn't been added already.

Sherman is going through a tough time right now and furmom Pat could sure use a few hugs.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=128168

-rx bandits

-sigh-

Here we go again.

I don't want to get into details, but please keep us in your thoughts yet again.

We're leaving for North Carolina here in just a few minutes.. kind of a mini vacation that we both need.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    One more bit of good news, my nephew was chosen to go to Turkey on an archeology work trip this summer, yay! I don't know that much about Turkey except that it is located near Greece, has a history going back centuries, the home of Turkish Angora and Turkish Van cat breeds, and currently mostly Muslim. I bet I will learn more about Turkey and the Muslim religion as he gets ready to go, though.
    My nephew left on July 7th. He flew from here to Istanbul, and then from Istanbul to Ankara. He will be on the archeology site until the middle of August and have a few days to see the city of Istanbul before returning home. This is the team's 10th summer there and they have a good relationship with the people of the nearby village. He was told to dress modestly, nothing very tight or very old and worn out. He will be on a team working with mortar. I'm sure he will learn a lot while he's there. I'll keep you posted.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My brother-in-law was diagnosed yesterday with untreatable pancreatic cancer. They removed a softball sized tumor that was attached to his liver. The doctors say he's got less than two months, but not to expect two full months...

Scooter's Mom, I am so sorry to hear this. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts. I know it's too soon to tell, but Doctor's are not always accurate on these sort of things. I've heard of people who had a month or so, and they lived for about 2-3 more years. It can happen. Just keep hopeful and please keep us updated.

Oh Crystal! What a year you are having! Is he one of the family back "home" in Texas? Do you plan to make a visit? Prayers for all of you.

He is here in AZ - I married into the family.

Thanks for all the prayers going up...

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Prayers for Sherman, Pat, JoJoe and Star.

Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I just found out about this. My uncle Joel and aunt Marie didn't have insurance. So, my uncle spent about a month in the hospital, uninsured, and now he's gone. My aunt has to deal with the hurt of his passing and now has all of these debts on her plate.

Poor lady.

Also, my grandfather isn't doing well still. Long story short...

My dad and aunt had him out of the nursing home the other day - for a day visit. He refused to leave and threatened himself. He ended up being baker acted and brought to the hospital. He is now in a new nursing home - my father is visiting him right now. I'll find out more when he gets home.

-sigh-

-rx bandits

Kay, I am so sorry....things have been too rough and too much happening with you...this is just not fair...

I hope your aunt can get some help... I wonder if a hospital social worker would have any ideas, or a lawyer for elderly people? Those lawyers do exist and know about things most of us don't.

PRAYERS coming to you and all your family.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Ugh... more bad news.

I don't know the whole story yet, but when my grandpa woke up this morning he blacked out and fell. He has gashes on his face and his whole left arm is bruised. He is at the hospital now. He was dehydrated, his kidneys were malfunctioning, and something else.

Like I said, I don't know the whole story yet. It's just one thing after another.

I don't know if he'll ever be "better."

-rx bandits

Prayer Request Needed

Hi, even though I rarely post here I do keep all you in my thoughts and prayers. Now I'm requesting some prayers.

My parents have been out of town in San Clemente and I called earlier today to check up on things and to see when they'd be back in town. I've been watering their plants and making sure that eveything is okay at their house. Since they didn't answer I thought that they went to San Diego to my brothers house.

My mom called me back tonight and said that she just got out of the hospital. She had been having a hard time breathing on Wed. night. She called the advice nurse on Thurs. and she told her to go the ER. My mom thought about it but didn't want to spend all day there so she didn't go. She then had a horrible night on Thurs. and was up and down all night. On Fri. morning she told my dad that they were going to the ER.

They did some tests and found out that her heart is enlarged and she has some fluid in her lungs. She has congestive heart failure and it may be due to a virus. Her father died of congestive heart failure. They decided to admit her to the hospital and monitor her and run more tests. They did an ultrasound and they also found a gallstone in her gallbladder which will need to removed in the future. She's had no pain from this.

She's now on medication and she'll either stay the same or improve over time. The fluid is now out of her lungs so she should be able to sleep fine. She needs to not do any strenuous activities, heavy lifting, or go outside when it's too cold or too hot. She'll go back for more tests later on with her local doctors. My parents will probably be back in town this Thurs.

I'm so glad that she went to the ER. She had a similar attack the last time they were in San Clemente but it went away and her local doctors couldn't find anything wrong with her. I hope that she'll continue to improve. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.

Saying prayers for all these requests.
    krazy, I'm so glad your mom went in. There are a lot of things they can do to help her.
    Scooter's mom, Extra prayers for your BIL, I lost my BIL to pancreatic cancer too, but as someone else mentioned, he lived much longer than what they said he could. Don't give up, enjoy every minute with him. Kay, I've been following about your family and your grandpa, I''m keeping your family in my prayers.

Thanks PT for all the prayers during our Sherman's recent illness, it means a great deal to us.

krazyaboutkatz-i'm so sorry about your mom's heart troubles.did her dad also have an enlarged heart?
    I dated a guy many years ago that just had a heart transpant at 26 years old...from heredatery genes.His mom has had an enlarged heart...his mom's brother had a heart transplant from an enlarged heart and now his sister's 15 year old boy has an enlarged heart.
    only him (The guy i dated)and his uncle needed the transplant.
    I hear the 26 year old is in his early 40's married with kids and his uncle is still alive after 20 something years after his heart transplant.
    They can do wonders(Some doctors with hearts).
    I hope for the best and future good health for your mom.I also think you should get yours checked early,for early detection so you can live to be 110 years old.
    Oh...the guy i dated was written up in all the local papers about his heart and the job well done by the doctors.His family has done remarkable.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix