The visit went well with my Papa.

He is VERY emotional. VERY. My dad says he thinks he's getting worse. I wouldn't know, but my dad has seen him this way more than I have so he would.

He enjoyed and ate 2 cookies and a brownie while we were there (I made him some truffle brownies, too.) We went outside and sat on one of the tables in the courtyard. There's an aviary out there, too.

He seems to be making friends there. But he also kept saying how he wanted to come home. He'd go on about how he loves my grandmother and then start crying saying that he's sorry he's put her through this (his breakdowns.) We tried comforting him and telling him that she understands and loves him too, or else she wouldn't have stuck by him for so long.

Right now, it's not looking too well. I don't know if he'll ever be able to return home.

Sorry for yacking on.

*edited to add*
I wanted to get others opinions on this..
I was thinking of making a collage of photos - of my grandmother, us, his dogs, etc. and giving it to him the next time I see him. My dad thinks this may make him too emotional. I'm sort of leaning that way, too, but at the same time I want him to know that we all love him and want him to get better.

I don't know... what do you think?