Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Aww, but it could be so many things. Wide awake or not, there's financial fears, domesic abuse that could be deadly and some people would rather be with a DB than be alone. Cultural issues, the list goes on and on...Sometimes action is in order, it is certainy uncertainable without the facts eh?
    Marriage is a goal she's had for a while. When she met this guy, I thought she had finally figured it out. But no.

I think there are some self-concept issues here. I have never understood this. Even with all the crap my mom laid on me, I have never believed in a magic pill, or relationship that would cure everything and make it perfect.

And she wants a baby.

I know he threatens her and plays on her emotions, at least that is what she has said, yet she denies that is what he is doing. She wants more from life and doesn't understand that her strength comes from within.

Okay, I'm rambling. It's late. I'll keep y'all updated.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Blog Entries
    Oh no!! First of all, self esteem, self respect. Then decide what comes later. Hey, she will make her own decisions, but some good advice may be in order.

Blog Entries
    Oh no!! First of all, self esteem, self respect. Then decide what comes later. Hey, she will make her own decisions, but some good advice may be in order.
    Like no kid

Oh, she has received it in buckets. Tons of buckets. Head is harder than diamonds
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Blog Entries
    I see. What seems like common sense to my freind usually make no sense whatsoever to me.

Prayers for my friend Bunny, battling cancer who lost her mom (my Bluebird leader when we were 6) to cancer this week.
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers that Bunny's fight is successful. Condolences on the loss of her mom - that makes her battle all the more challenging.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers and hugs for Bunny, and her family and friends. Condolences for the loss of her mom.
    Anne

Prayers and positive thoughts for Bunny!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    My heart and prayers going out to Bunny.

I see. What seems like common sense to my freind usually make no sense whatsoever to me.

The harder we push, the more she digs in. I wonder if we should encourage her instead or just be silent. And ignore her complaints.
    Anne

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    The harder we push, the more she digs in. I wonder if we should encourage her instead or just be silent. And ignore her complaints.
    Just be silent, IMO. Ignore her complaints, change the subject.

One good response to anything is to say just, "oh."

If she REALLY pushes her complaining, try something like, "Oh, you're a smart gal. You'll figure it out." Leave it at that.

Time to take away her audience.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Need some positive vibes

I don't often ask for anything for myself, but I could use some of those powerful PT Prayers. I've been battling some serious health issues since last December, with still no positive diagnosis. It seems that the problems are now coming to light, and the results are potentially quite serious. I had to ditch my PCP of nearly 15 years who was doing basically nothing to help me, and find a doctor who was able to get the ball rolling and find the source of the problems. Still facing more tests and procedures, but it seems that we are finally closing in on the problems. The answers might not be good, but at least I will have answers, and can move forward with any necessary treatment. Your prayers and positive thoughts will help greatly - I've seen them work before.

Thanks friends....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Ellie, You are in my prayers,
    Last edited by Felicia's Mom; 04-15-2015 at 06:28 PM.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Ellie, I have you covered with prayers. On Sunday I'll add you to our prayer list at our church if it's okay with you.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE