Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Prayers are going out to everyone in need.

Huge prayers for Mary, Clare and Karen's dad.

Medusa - my mom had surgery about a year and a half ago for adhesions. They had formed from a much earlier surgery and caused a bowel blockage. It was a 2 hour surgery but fairly straightforward. They just had to cut loose the bands of tissue that were literally tying up organs.

Hugs to all.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hi PT friends,
    For the past 4 weeks I've been down with pneumonia and Groucho has been a real lovebug. Yesterday I had a follow-up with the pulmonary doctor. Dr. Reed is an animal lover and wears a stuffed hedgehog on her stethiscope. After a breathing test, Dr. Reed determined there is a breathing obstruction with 3 possible causes. One possibility is Groucho and just the thought is devastating. We talked about him and I told the doctor he has been with us for 12 years with no problems. Today I ask for your prayers that Groucho isn't even part of the problem and if he is, it can be treated. Another test is scheduled for June 26 to tell us more. No matter what the test shows, Groucho is here to stay!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Absolutely, prayers on the way!
    I've Been Frosted

Will absolutely say a prayer that Groucho is not adding to the issues.

Asking for a prayer of my own... my migraines have been in full force since March. I've missed more work than I've actually worked. It's as bad as it was (worse, in fact) when I took my 4 month leave of absence back in Sept 2009. Can you all say a prayer that this darn migraine phase just goes away... I'm so tired of it and all the side effects (the horrible nausea, numb face, blurry vision, stumbling around, the aura, losing words, just every stupid side effect you can think of that has ever accompanied a migraine hits me with mine). They are debilitating and even though I applied for disability, I was denied because I do not meet the ssdi disability requirements. I'm not disabled by their standards, even though these literally knock me on my butt for days and sometimes WEEKS. Chronic migraines SUCK. I would not wish them on anyone.

Anyway, please say a prayer that this migraine cycle ends, because I am at my wits end.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Absolutely will say a prayer for you. I cannot imagine the pain you are in, and I hope it goes away soon!
    I've Been Frosted

I will add everyone onto my prayer list. May you all be healed.

Prayers going out.

Scooter's Mom, perhaps consider reapplying for disability. That is so not fair. I pray you find someone who has an effective treatment for those migraines!

Scooter''s Mom - please be assured that my prayers for you are already being prayed and will continue.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I got an e-mail about Mary today. She had a seizure and her doctor ordered a new MRI of her brain. The tumor looks different on this MRI and Mary's doctors are not yet sure if the tumor has grown or if there is still swelling related to her radiation. Her husband has been out of town for work, but he's coming home. Could you please keep Mary and her family in your prayers again.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    My friend Mary had brain surgery today to address this new tumor. I have not heard yet how it went.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers being offered for all who need them.

Asking for prayers for my grand daughter, Lauren. She is in the hospital - mom and dad (Amy (Cincy's Mom) & Ralph (Sadie's Dad) are with her and will be spending the night with her. She has had some kind of virus or something - has had it for over a week now. For several days she wouldn't eat anything but drank quite a bit. Has been running low grade fever. Main symptoms is not urinating for long spans of time - 7-10 hrs and uncomfortableness/irritability. In hospital mostly for testing. She is 20 months old now, can't really tell us what is wrong. Please pray for my baby girl!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Prayers on the way for Lauren, and the staff treating her that they find a reason and can help!
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers for Lauren! I hope they get test results quickly and can get her better.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Prayers on the way for Lauren, and the staff treating her that they find a reason and can help!
    Same here! Praying for Lauren, her mom and dad!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678