Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Lots of love and prayers for all who need them; Special ones for everyones' friend Phred!!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Everyone who needs prayers, lots of prayers and positive thoughts are going out to you.

I need some good vibes sent my way. I had my annual mammogram on Fri. Aug. 27th. Ever since my mom had breast cancer I've been having one annually. The lady who screened me had to reposition me 3 extra times because she wasn't able to get a good reading on me so I was squished 7 times instead of the usual 4. She said that if it didn't look as good as last years then I'd be called back.

Well they called me on Tues. because they said that they need to do further testing. I was just thinking that it was because the lady wasn't able to position me very well and get a good reading. I left work early today because we were very slow. I did some shopping before I came home. When I got home I had a message from my gynocologist and she told me that I would be called back in for further testing on my mammogram. She didn't want me to be scared but she didn't go into any details. She left her work number so that she could explain it more to me but of course she was gone by the time I got the message. I'll either try to e-mail her or call her tomorrow morning.

I got a card in the mail from Kaiser tonight telling me that my recent mammography showed a finding that requires additonal imaging studies for a complete evalution. Most such findings are benign (not cancer). The additional images will allow the Radiologist to see the area(s) in question better. It then said that I'll be contacted to schedule the necessary imaging studies. I go back in on Tues. Sept 7th at 9am. I sure hope that they don't find anything.

Good luck, KAK, I'm sure everything will go fine.

So, my grandpa had to stay overnight in the hospital and my cousin stayed with him.

I'm going home here in about 3 hours, though I was planning on going before this happened, I'll get to see him. He's stuck in the hospital until they get the tests back and figure out why he is anemic.

I'll give you guys an update on Monday if I don't get to the library when I'm at home this weekend.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

KAK: the same thing happened to me recently. I was called back for further testing and squished every which way. Turns out I have some calcifications (sp?) and I now have to go back every 6 months as they need to be monitored. For now, I'm not worrying about it but if you Mom had BC, I can only imagine what's going through your head. Remember, there's no sense worrying about something you have no control over.

Hugs and prayers
    slick

I don't come to this thread very often, heck I'm not even on PT very often anymore but I've ready through the last couple of pages and send prayers to all of you.

Phred: Extra prayers coming out to you. Although I won't be attending another one of those very speshul gatherin's I know you will be greatly missed. Rest up and get better.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Just sending and asking for more prayers for Phred.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sending prayers and love to those who need them.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

My grandpa's been in the hospital a week now, they've been doing a lot of tests.

They found out that he has pneumonia in the lower lobes of his lungs.. and I received a call today from my mom with the worst news ever.

He has stomach cancer.

Thoughts and prayers would be really appreciated... They're going to try some radiation, but stomach cancer is incurable.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I really could use some PT prayers.

I am pretty crushed at the moment and could use a good thought or two, or three...

How's about 4?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I really could use some PT prayers.

I am pretty crushed at the moment and could use a good thought or two, or three...

How's about 4?

Thanks.
    Whatever it is, your God is bigger than the problem. Prayers going up from Ohio. Keep the faythe, Richard.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

You have one coming from my way Richard. Hope things get better soon.

Sorry for your Grandpa roxyluvsme, there is a lot they can do for cancer to extend his life.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Just dropping by to send very special prayers for our dear Phred,
    Richard, Tracey and all others who are in need right now.

May God hear our prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post

THANKS, West Coast Mom!!

On behalf of all us Needy Ones, a Thousand THANK YOUS to all our
    Pet Talk Friends for their many words of comfort and Prayers.

You can't imagine how much your Words and Thoughts do help.

Thanks Gini and everyone else. I'm fine. I ended up having another regular screening of my left breast so I had to be squished 3 more times. Since they still couldn't get a good reading, I then had an ultrasound. The lady doing it said she couldn't see anything abnormal so she talked to the doctor and she then said that everything is fine.

I know that in my mom's case her's wasn't found in a mammagram and she also said that they couldn't find anything in an ultrasound either. During a physical, her regular doctor found some enlarged lymph nodes under her armpit and they then tested these and found the cancer that way.

Prayers continue to go out to everyone in need.

Thanks to everyone and I am sending out prayers to everyone too!

We will make it, it's just a bump in the road.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Me too.

Thank You, God for mom and dad's 60th anniversary coming up later this month. Thank You for my family who help and support me, and for a sunny fall day. Thank You, God for all of the very special people, cats, dogs and pets of Pet Talk!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678