Thread: In Loving Memory of my Bobbi

Blog Entries

In Loving Memory of my Bobbi

On December 3rd 2005, my old friend Bobbi wondered off our farm. He was 14 years & 4 months old. His hearing & eyesight were poor. I didn't realize it but his sense of smell had to have been gone also. It snowed that night with temperatures below zero. The next day I could not search for him because it was deer hunting season. I did check all the fences on our farm & found his dog hair on the bottom wire. It was in the back of our farm & I had to wait a week before I could search the surrounding neighborhood. I have taken our other two dogs & spent many hours searching for his body if anything to bring him home. It is so hard to find closure. I loved Bobbi with all my heart & soul. He was so gentle & always wanted to please. In loving memory Bobbi may you rest in peace.

What does deer hunting season have anything to do with looking for your dog? If anything you should have been looking for him more so because it was deer hunting season, he could have been killed by a hunter.

I hope he has found peace.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Blog Entries

Unhappy

In our area they drive the deer. The land around us had hunters driving the deer Sunday morning. There was lots of shooting all around us. Where we live it is very rough rolling farmland with wooded areas If I would of been out there looking for Bobbi I could of been shot along with the other two dogs that I would of have taken along to help me find Bobbi at the time. It was also 15 below zero with a new snow cover of a good 12 inches. All the odds were against Bobbi & I finding each other. I took his picture to the sheriffs office immediately Sunday morning, to the radio station, stopped at my neighbors made phone calls to help me find him. We also stopped & talked to hunters & showed them Bobbi's picture. It is a very sad sort of affairs I know & don't think I don't think about it every waking moment. I read on here one time that dogs don't lose their ability to smell the trail & find their way home. Well I don't think that is true. We have livestock & the cows were close to the house in the pasture he should of been able to sniff his way back home. Bobbi I think also lost his ability to smell & sniff the trail to find his way to even back track his own steps.

Poor little Bobbi...please come home.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Did you think about giving his photo to hunters?

Poor Bobbi.. PLEASE come back.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Im so sorry! Please let Bobbi be okay.

Blog Entries
    Did I think of giving Bobbi's picture to hunters? I carried his picture in my pocket & showed the picture to the hunters. I went into detail about his breed, his color, that he was hard of hearing & had poor eye sight. So they knew what to look for. It was hard to catch every hunter but I talked to the land owners that allowed the hunters on their property to talk to them also & showed the land owners his picture with a lengthly description. I counted the most on the sheriffs office. I left Bobbi's picture with them & counted on whoever found Bobbi would call the sheriffs office. If I found someones dog that would be the first thing I would do & have done it in the past. Even our large & small animal veterinary offered to help by looking out for Bobbi on any local farms or with calls if someone had found him. It is like he walked off the face of the earth.

It is said some dogs prefer to move on to eternity when their loving owners are absent from their presence.

Maybe Bobbi realized that you were so loyal, faithful and loving towards him; that you would not leave his side; that he must go out on his own to move on.

I can only imagine how hard this is for - not being able to find closure. If you ever need to talk to anyone, feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]. In fact, it would be really nice for you to email me if you wish.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    It is said some dogs prefer to move on to eternity when their loving owners are absent from their presence.

Maybe Bobbi realized that you were so loyal, faithful and loving towards him; that you would not leave his side; that he must go out on his own to move on.

I can only imagine how hard this is for - not being able to find closure. If you ever need to talk to anyone, feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]. In fact, it would be really nice for you to email me if you wish.
    Yes, that is true. But please don't give up hope and keep looking. Plus, keep us updated.

Oh gosh, I can't imagine how terrible you feel not knowing what happened to your dear sweet boy

I just hope and pray that somehow he made it to someone and they gave him refuge.

My thoughts are with you and your family as you try to find a way to heal from this loss.

{{{HUGS}}}

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets