View Poll Results: ...?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

55 87.30%
  • No.

8 12.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you owned dogs since you were a child?

Have you owned dogs since you were a child?

Post & Poll your answers.

Yes, my family has never been without atleast one dog.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

uuh well I am only 18 now lol I have had dogs since I was 8 years old, my first dog is turning 10 in June. my parents had dogs till I was a very young baby, they had an affinpincher who was stolen when I was only a few months old, up till I was 8 I only had birds and fish.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Yes, my family has always had dogs.

There has not been one single second in my life where a dog hasn't been at home with me. When I was born we had Retread and when I was two we got Buttons, so when Retread died Buttons was there. Then shortly after Retread died we got Mandy, and this past year when Buttons died Mandy was still there. And now we also have Nova and Luka. There hasn't been one second in my life where a dog hasn't been there, and I don't think there ever will be. Two or more dogs are more fun than one dog, they seem to bring out crazy qualities in the other

Yes, ever since I was born. My first dog was a Border Collie/Bernese Mountain Dog named Yella.

Well... I'm 14 now... but no.
    I never even had any pet of my own until I got Frisk... which was just over five years ago.
    Its my mum's fault! Yes, she was the one who wouldn't allow me to have a dog. She's the reason that I had to beg for over a year for a dog.
    Ah... but everything payed off. The pets have turned her into an animal lover!

The first four years of my marriage we couldn't have a dog but I have always had on except for that time.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

I actually went the first 5? years without any pets at all then I bugged my mom and got "my" (she actually only liked my mom ) first ever cat...few years later we added another cat and then got Shadow! My parents always had dogs but just before I was born my dad's dog passed away and it took him awhile to actually want another dog...

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I got my first dog (Simba) when I was 10 and have never been without a dog since.

Before I had dogs of my own, I was constantly playing with the neighbordogs.

Seabastion & Captain - the two poodles who my best childhood friend had. We used to dress them up and push them in strollers. The last time I saw the both of them they were both blind but happy in their old ages. I assume they are now at the bridge.

Terra & Trooper who I basically grew up with, they are now at the bridge. Often times when we had our house open, they'd wander inside. They were very well-behaved dogs and never left their yard other than to come to our house.

Norman and Pooter - Pooter was the true meaning of mutt. Her owners got her because she was "the ugliest" dog at the shelter. I couldn't even being to guess what breeds she was. Norman, The Cocker, is still alive. He certainly isn't the brightest but he was my swimming buddy. Before we even got dogs or a pool, I used to visit and swim with normal practically everyday.

So, really.. I've never been without a dog, but they always haven't been MY dogs.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

My parents had two dogs when i was born until I was 2. We didn't get another dog until i was 14, but I have had a dog ever since! (even though I didn't have oneliving with me in college, or the year after that I had my own apratment, Oreo was still my puppy at home!)

yes and I would never be without one!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Got my first dog before kindergarten, and he lasted me through t first few years of college. Other family members usually had dogs, too.
    Happy is he who causes scandal--- Salvador Dali.

up till 4 years I lived with my mom at my grandparents' house and they had a lab/shep X and then we got Clark and then Layla when I was 9, a year later we got Niņo.

Niņo & Eliza

Yup, since I was 6!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins