Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cat id and collars.

cat id and collars.

im looking at getting engraved tags for seafa, not sure which collar to get aswell. help! should i get breakaway?? help

All our 8 cats wear ID(with my name, address, and phone number)& have an ID with their microchip info on it. They all have breakaway collars. I like the ones that Hartz makes and they can be found in the pet food section of the grocery store. And they REALLY do break away!!! Good luck!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I use the breakaway collars for all of mine. I like the breakaway ones because if they get caught on something they will come apart and not strangle them.

I use lucky pet for their ID's http://www.luckypet.com/ they have a good selection and good prices. I also like to get with my order (for just a couple dollars more) the pet safety reflectors that go on doors or windows in case of fire....they alert the fire fighters that there are animals inside the house or apartment.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Breakaway collars are good! Skye wears one of those, it's blue, and our Pom wears one, too
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Breakaway, just like everybody said. Make sure they are color cordinated with your kitty so that it is PRETTY!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    Breakaway, just like everybody said. Make sure they are color cordinated with your kitty so that it is PRETTY!
    Haha! I got a blue one for Skye to match her eyes, but its alot darker than her eyes.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I used to buy the Found Cats Ova Collars,at Twenty Dollas a Pop,but they kept taking them off and ruining them after a few weeks.
    Not they have to put up with the Revolution.
    I would get a break away collar too,if she goes outdoors at all.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I have the breakaway collars too (in pretty colors) but in the past few weeks I have started taking them off of my kitties. The reason is that some of them had gotten really tight around their necks! A few of my kitties have gained weight since first getting their collars, so that is why ... but I felt like the collars should have "broken away" before they got so darned tight!
    I always check the tightness of my kitties' collars every time I pet them, so I guess if you always make sure to do that, then they will be ok. I just felt like since my babies are always indoors, I'd rather not risk having their necks too tight before the collar decided to break off!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

thanks!! ill probably have a look at all the cute collars and stuff soon, as Seafa is going to be allowed outsde. my previous cats never liked going out of our property, so we never worried, but with seafa I am worried she will go across the road and stuff. she shouldnt get lost, tho if shes wearing collar n tags.m thanks !!

O dear!! If you are concerned about your kitty crossing the road, PLEASE keep her inside!!! It is alot safer. NO fleas, no mean people, no fights with other cats, no parasites, etc....you can still keep a collar on her with ID. All our 8 cats are indoors only and each one of them wears their collar. If your cat ever should get outside, she would have identification!!!! Please for the safety of your cat, consider keeping her safe and sound indoors!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

yea my mum is really worried about seafa crossing the road and stuff. mum says that she wouldnt want to be cleaning out seafas litter box all the time, but I volunteered. Seafa is definitely not old enough to go outside alone yet anyway!

Ok, if the cleaning the litter box was the reason why you were going to let your cat go outside(and be worried), then it is great that you volunteered to clean the box!!! Now can she stay inside???
    Nine is Fine!!

i hope so!! I have a kitten harness and leash for her currently, although i cant take her out today, as its raining, but i will on sunny days, and later on can get her a adult sized leah and she can go play in the garden with me.

I know that there are cultural differences, but I would never ever contemplate letting my kitty outside. ESPECIALLY one under 6 months old. PLEASE consider keeping her inside. She can come across so many dangers in the world that you don't even think about: Poisonous plants, poisons humans use such as rat poison, lawn chemicals, even fluids you use in cars. Not to mention predators, becoming road kill, falling at the evil of human hands, FIV, FeLV, FIP (all dangerous viruses that affect cats) and worms, bacterial infections, parasites, fleas.... the list is too long to actually mention here. Staying inside ensures a good long life for her.

I'd rather scoop once a day and know my kitty is safe than set her out in the world because I was too lazy to do a chore that takes 2 minutes.

Cat id and collars

Definitely go with a break away collar. Our kitties do manage to get into the darndest places, the break aways are a safe bet. Please reconsider letting your kitty go outside. Groucho will be 5 in March and has always been an indoor guy. He's happy, active, loves to play, and spends hours sitting in the window. There are so many dangers out there... traffic, predatory animals, various assorted harmful plants & chemicals. Then there are those people who think hurting or stealing little animals for a research lab is great fun. And please don't forget to spay/neuter!!! There are some experienced, knowledgable folks right here on PT willing to answer any questions you may have about spay/neuter.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE