• Yes

30 88.24%
  • No

12 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is your pet protective of you?

Is your pet protective of you?

Cagney kind of is , he doesn't like when other dogs jump on me or when people come shake my hand/hug me etc. He's gotten pretty snarly about that before.

I voted yes and no. No way for Foxy, she's far too small, and Zsa-Zsa would be more likely to look out for herself but Tia sometimes is! She's no ferocious beast, being a tiny little rattie, but she tries, bless her!!! Occasionally, when someone reaches out for something near me, Tia must think that they're going to hit me, and she runs to where she thinks they'll strike, stops, and sort of curls herself up. She only really does it though when the movement is sudden, when you try to make her do it by pretending, she knows, and just tries to jump on your hand She's the only guard i'll ever need

Zimbabwe 07/13

Roscoe is! I call him my shadow - he follows me around and is always by my side. Anytime hubby and I goof around, Roscoe is right there to make sure that I don't get hurt. I think that anyone who would break into our house would be sorry!

Autumn used to be protective of me, but she's figured out I'm dominant and no longer offers her service to me. She's protective of my mom and the kids though.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Murph not at all. Oz and Gull I would classify more as watchers and announcers, not really protective. They let me know something's up, but expect me to take care of it. Whenever I go investigate, they're both always following behind me, covering my rear flank.

Course I dunno if someone actually attacked me, they might surprise me and jump into the fray, to protect me.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Tango can be very protective of me someyimes but she's gettig better with that. The Dobermans aren't really protective of me specifically, but they're extremely protective of my family.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Yes and No for me.
    Marley probably couldn't be protective if he tried!
    Mel and Khaith just aren't....
    Frisk is... if you just try to give me a hug, he'll start growling and running toward you (he doesn't bite, though).
    And Ethan is protective of Frisk!

zoey is, I remeber on vacation my ex boyfreind was there and he went to hug me and zoey stood right between us and started growling. now we are broke up. If he has a problem with my zoey then he and me are over

then also one time I was taking a walk on the road with zoey and there was a weird guy approching me and he came up to me weird and I didn't know if he was going to do anything because before he could say anything zoey started growling and barking at him, so I guess there is a advantages there.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by ParNone
    Murph not at all. Oz and Gull I would classify more as watchers and announcers, not really protective. They let me know something's up, but expect me to take care of it. Whenever I go investigate, they're both always following behind me, covering my rear flank.

Course I dunno if someone actually attacked me, they might surprise me and jump into the fray, to protect me.

Par...
    Nanook is just like your Murph, Kaige & Raustyk are just like your Oz & Gull.

I think that at least Raustyk & Kaige would actually jump in if someone were to attack me or hurt me.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I voted yes and no.

Micki is very protective of me, to the point at attaking people and other dogs, but has gotten tons better. Mini and Jack really aren't, Kyra can be a bit protective of my mom, if she tries to hug somebody or something she will start growling.

Shadow is definately protective over the family, I trust her the most to protect me if I needed it. For example, it was summer vacation years back (I'm talking 5-6 years ago) and my parents were gone at work and all of us kids were in the living room. My Aunt came in, she didn't knock or anything and started to come towards the living room, Shadow would not let her near us and was snarling and growling, something she had never done before. As soon as we realized what was happening we told Shadow it was alright and that was that, she even knew my Aunt, its not like she had never seen her before.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I see a few of yous have voted yes & no, how come I can only vote once?
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

My dog is quite protective of me,and vice versa. He'll protect me against people, dogs, etc., but if one of the cats gets mad at him he come tearing towards me, expecting me to return the favor . And there are certain people he tolerates because he knows they aren't a threat to me, but they still scare him, so I always try to make sure during times like those he knows I'm looking out for him, too.
    Happy is he who causes scandal--- Salvador Dali.

Mandy is only protective if she thinks something/someone is trying to hurt me. But if someone just shakes my hand, it just makes her want to kiss them more, seeing that I approve.

Nova would still get them to try to play with her. I don't think she has a mean bone in her body.

Luka, well, I'm not sure really. I haven't had an instance come about to see if she would. Something tells me she would, but I'm not positive.

I voted no.. 2 of my pets could careless about me. the other tries to kill me, anyone else near him & everything he can get his chompers on 24/7

My old dog was quite protective, but smart. He attacked my dad once thinking he was hurting me. dad was fine, it was an accident. I called Max thinking he knew who was on the other side of the door tickling me, as I had been locking dad out of the house for a while & Max did see him at the patio door (Max was laying on the couch). So ya, he ripped dad through the door & shook him like a ragdoll. I yelled stop, & Max stopped & then realized who it was. He wasn't punished, he was praised for being a good boy (he was my personal guard dog).

My sisters cat is protective of my sister.. Its funny, when ever her boyfriend would tickle her, her cat would attack the boyfriend hehehe... It was funny cause she thought the cat would do the same to me.. But nope, Spliff just sat there & watched me tickle the hell out of my sister. Ther reason why is because Max is protective of me & he was barking at us & the cat knew not to get in his way hehehehe

Prince isn't quite a protector but he barks when he sees someone coming.
    Astra isn't anything of a good watchdog. She just wants to play.
    Molly is a pretty good watchdog. Whenever my brothers and I wrestle she will start to bark thinking that they are hurting me.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.