Thread: Pet Insurance

Pet Insurance

Hi all,

I am interested in getting pet insurance for my dog and possibly my cat. There are two options that I think I can follow: (1) get an insurance that covers emergencies and yearly vet visits/medicines and if the previous is far more costly than simply paying for the vet, I would get (2) emergency coverage only.

What is a good, but less expensive, pet insurance? For those who have pet insurance, can you tell me what decided which company/policy you went with?

Thanks.

WELCOME TO PETTALK!

After Drake's incident with the next door neighbor's GSD, Andrew and I got pet insurance for Draker. It has been very helpful. The priumiums are inexpensive (range from $10.00-$30.00 depending on the coverage you choose). We use Veterinary Pet Insurance. Go to Veterinary Pet Insurance .

You can go to any Vet. You pay the cost and send in your receipts and they reimburse you. I am getting ready to file the charges that Ihad to pay for Drake on Monday Morning ($500.00 OUCH!)

i am not sure where you live in the u.s., but....Pet Smart offers a great comprehensive medical plan....i am guessing that is the reason for your insurance.....unless Mr. Foster is a southebys puppy!!!!!! ....sounds like Drakes' mom has a great company also...good luck!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

The one Souraya recommended is one of the best in the country. You can go to any vet. You are not limited in any way. I don't believe they discriminate on age. They just charge more for older dogs and probably cats too!