Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat Attack!

Ben I am too just reading the second part of your post here and just wanted to express how sorry I am. So often we hear of this type of senseless act (that of even thinking of getting behind the wheel of a car drunk) and I can't begin to imagine why someone would even consider doing this. My heart goes out to you in the loss of your cousin. I would hope the operator of that car will be losing their license forever and getting acquainted with the inside of a jail cell!! I can't even imagine the pain that you and your family are in. My hope is that someone who might have driven drunk in the past might begin to re-think what a horrible outcome that behavior could have on someone and their whole family after reading your post.

thank you all for your kind words. they made me feel good today at work. Ofcourse, it's friday too, that may have something to do with it.

The drunk driver will most likely get a slap on the wrist. It was his second offense, which means it was the second time he got caught. He'll be charged with a maximum fine of fifteen years. Fifteen years!? That's nothing to stop anyone from doing it again.

There were 3 other kids in the car with my cousin. Thankfully, they survived. My cousin was sitting behind the driver and got the worst hit. They needed the jaws of life to get 2 of them out. My aunt had just called him on his cell phone and told him he should come home. He told her he was going to go to McDonalds and then he would come home. He was about a mile from the house.

Thank you again folks,
    Ben

p.s. glad to be back on the boards.

Ben,

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you, but I wanted to say how sorry I am about your family's tragedy. Prayers to you and your family...

Regarding the "crazy cat" (that what I call it when our cats do this stuff)...Noel freaks out when one of us sneezes...she runs and hide and you'de think we did it on purpose the way she acts. The only time one of them has bitten us is when playing with catnip toys and we play along...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...