Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why must he be so smart!

Why must he be so smart!

The other day I decided to keep my closet door closed because a certain orange kitty thought it would be fun to pee on things in there. He isn't sick, he's just always done this and I've taken him to get checked many times and it's a behavioral problem. Whenever he's mad at me he will do this.

Well.. on to the new problem. Corkscrew is NOT happy about this arrangement so to fix the problem he has taught himself how to open the door! He actually puts his paws on the handle and pulls down until the door opens. I hate it when my pets outsmart me
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Actually if I got angry everytime The Found Cats Outsmarted me,my Blood Pressure would be 450 over 100.
    I let them go,ad do as they please as long as they are clean,and dont start loud fights,that scare thier Poor Old Dad.
    They are good Cats.
    Thats Funny about Corkscrew,it reminds me of how JJJ3 can find the Temptations,no matter where I hide them.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    Thats Funny about Corkscrew,it reminds me of how JJJ3 can find the Temptations,no matter where I hide them.
    Corkscrew does that too, I would put them in a drawer then come home to find that he pulled out the drawer and ate the entire bag! Now I have a nice treat jar that he hasn't figured out how to get into
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh Corkscrew, you're not only one handsome fella, but you are smart also.

I think it is time for your meowmie to invest in some childproof locks. Well in your case, catproof locks.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Why must he be so smart?
    It is his feline duty to keep you humble, THAT's why!!!

Sigh. Not a fun problem to have. Can he be bribed into happiness perhaps?

And yup - a lock on that door might be necessary!

I think Allen and Corkscrew are related. Allen has always peed in the laundry baskets when he was mad at me for anything. Then when I put an empty laundry basket on top of the full basket so that he couldn't get int the basket to pee.... the BRAT has discovered that he can spray up through the holes in the sides of the basket.

And its sometimes the strangest things that set him off. Last time he was mad at me was because I shut the door to the third floor without clearing it with him first

Schatzie opens the bedroom closet by pushing her paw underneath and pulling the door open. She doesn’t pee on anything but sure scared the daylight out of me a few times in the middle of the night. It’s kind of spooky when you’re half asleep and all of a sudden you hear the closet door being opened.
    Corkscrew you’re too smart, but peeing on your mommy’s stuff is a no-no.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

SMART Kitty! All of your stories are cracking me up!

Here's mine!

Back in the days when all we had was spray for fleas and I had my blackie Penny girl, whenever I sprayed her for the fleas, she run RUN directly to Ries room and pee on Rie's bed. I finally learned to shut the door to her bedroom and THEN spray her... She didn't do it anywhere else but on Rie's bed.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

He sounds like a smart kitty. Maybe next, he will learn to pick the locks? Lol

Sometimes cats are just too smart for their own good. Storm is my smart cat and he's also been know to open up doors.

Yes, it sounds like you are having to go through the nuisance of having to put a locking handle on the door. I had a team that kept me constantly cleaning. The Artful Dodger could open any door or drawer in the kitchen until I put clips on everything, but he never peed in there. Loki came along and did that. In fact, Loki peed on everything in the house and it's amazing, and horrible, that he always peed on the most difficult things to clean. If he peed on the stove, it would go in the vent into the oven. If he peed on a door, it would be on the hinge. Out of the entire house, I used to have one small closet in which he'd never peed, and every time I used it I'd sigh with relief that there was one spot that was mine, all mine. Then, one day I was putting something away and put my hand very gently against Loki and told him he couldn't go in there. In the split second it took me to straighten up, he had whipped inside and peed up the wall. He wasn't smart, but he was very determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Uabassoon
    Now I have a nice treat jar that he hasn't figured out how to get into
    Yet!! I have every confidence that he will figure it out eventually.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Why must he be so smart?

Dumb animals? Whoever said that obviously never had a cat!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Oops! I wish I had some good advice for you on this .... kitties never cease to amaze me. Hey ... maybe since Corky is so smart, he can learn to clean up after himself!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I too have baby locks on everything. My cats (mostly Jimmy and Kit) were always getting into the cabinets. Jimmy can also open the screen door, so I have to keep that locked too.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla