Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will he still be there??

Will he still be there??

I have committed to return the stupid stand that I bought, not realizing it wouldn't work, and I will get Willy tomorrow, if he's still at the pet store. I can't get him off my mind, and one of my best confidants agrees that when that happens, it is meant to be. If he's not there, I will pray that he has gone to a loving home. But as of Saturday, he had been there a month......so........maybe we will have another Cockatiel tomorrow. Something is pulling me there. Maybe it is that he was obviously loved so much. So many toys and playthings, you have never seen in one bird cage. Poor Roger will have to have more toys too.

In two short months, we have had so much enjoyment with Roger Cockatiel. Helen swears that when he learns his name, he will say "Roger Cockatiel" because that's what I call him all the time!! Today, Roger sang "duets" with me. Now we truly have Zippity Do Dah in stereo, with Mom and Roger. He's also learned "Hey Bird" since that is what I have said to him over and over, every morning and everytime I walk back into the room he is in. I thought I heard him say it today, but Helen confirmed it tonight, without me even mentioning it to her!! LOL!! She said, "MOM, did you hear that? He said "Hey Bird"! " I knew it!!!

For all of you who have never experienced bird ownership, I have to highly recommend. This Cockatiel business is delightful!! I'm sure the others are too!!

I'll let you know tomorrow evening about Willy. I just think it is the right thing to do if he's still there. As others have said, what's one more?

Logan

{{{Logan}}}, you have the warmest, most loving heart. You go girl!!! Don't you think that Willie and Roger roll off the tongue nicely together?

As you know, we want details and PICTURES!!! LOL
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Good luck! Fingers are crossed on this end!

Originally posted by AmberLee
    {{{Logan}}}, you have the warmest, most loving heart. You go girl!!! Don't you think that Willie and Roger roll off the tongue nicely together?

I second that motion - now all I want is for Pet Talk to have sound!!

Wouldn't it be fun to actually hear Roger? (and Logan) in their duet?

But, Tonya, NO ROGERETTE!!!! No way!! That Roger is quite demanding enough on his own
    LOL is this the same lady who is posting? Sorry Logan I just could not resist this one!

If your heart is set on the other bird you should get him, I hope you are not disappointed though, let us know if you get him.

It happened to me once, before I got Bunny I had reserved a rabbit at a pet store and when i went to pick him up they had sold him, couldn't believe it. I was so disappointed after I had reserved him.

Maybe just as well as I wouldn't have had Bunny and she wouldn't have gad all of those lovely babies.

Good luck anyway!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WILLY - BE THERE!!!! - YOUR MUM IS COMIN TO GET YA

Former User Guest
    I can't take this anymore, I want to know was Willy there???? I sure hope so!!!!!

Oh, Niina, its just morning here now! We'll find out this afternoon, sometime after 3 pm. I'm ready for him, and Roger and Helen are too! If it is meant to be, he'll still be there.

I can't believe I'm doing this....

Former User Guest
    YAY! Did you call them? Ahem....I guess I'm getting carried away here.... I'm probably just as excited as everyone else . Sorry, trying to calm down now.... But I hope Will is there

Originally posted by Gio

LOL is this the same lady who is posting? Sorry Logan I just could not resist this one!

And you are exactly right! I did say that and I promise I wouldn't even be considering another one if this one didn't need a home so badly. It just made me sad to see him with all those toys, and knowing someone loved him very much to set him up like that, and then be too sick to take care of him. I hope if we get him, that the pet store will tell the lady how much love Willy will get. The money I pay for him will be going to her.

We'll see.

What a great story....I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a HAPPY ending!!!!!

If it was me, I wouldn't be able to wait. I'd be on the phone the second the shop opened up to see if he was there. If he was, I'd tell them to pack his bags, I'd be there after work to get him. Waiting is not one of my strong traits.

Logan, you will need to take a picture of Willy and see if the shop will send it to her or if you can. I bet she'd feel so much better to see he had a nice home.

Willy's story..at least what I know

Unfortunately, my Helen has had a bit of a setback today and ended up coming home from school around 9:30 this morning. She's fine, just very weak, as would be expected. She was most disappointed that I might not follow up on Willy today, since we had planned to go after school.

I decided to call them a little while ago, and ask more questions about him, if he was still there. Apparently, the lady who owned him is older, and has become incapacitated in some fashion. I'm not sure exactly what is wrong, only that she is no longer living in her home and couldn't take care of him. Her adult son took him, but Willy would have nothing to do with him, and the man just didn't have the patience or desire to work with him. Thus, he was taken to the Carolina Pet Center, who agreed to help find him a new home. That's where I come in. He has been there, as I mentioned earlier, for over a month.

The lady I spoke with today said that he is a very friendly bird, and that her son holds him all the time. He is not as anxious as Roger to come out of his cage, but once he's out, he is fine to be held. He has a special stick that he jumps on to come out of his cage. Hope Lilly doesn't chew it up!! She said that it might take some adjustment time for him and suggested I put him in a separate room from Roger at first so he can be quiet and get used to us.

We're going to go get the poor needy boy later this afternoon. I hope he can be happy with us. I can honestly say that Roger is. He has discovered the mirror in his cage this morning!! He is sitting there staring at himself right now!! Cute!!

We'll update you on Willy after we get him home. I am very subdued about the whole thing, probably because I feel so sorry for him. Helen and I both cried after I hung up with the store, partially out of sadness and partially happy that we are going to be able to try and help him. I can't wait to introduce him to all of you wonderful people.

I just have this feeling that this little Willy will be happy as a LARK or Cockatiel to be with you. Sounds like patience will be a key in the adjustment, but with time I'll bet he'll be whisteling Zip A Dee along with Roger. Good luck - keep us posted, we'll all be dying to here