Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Misty is in the hospital

Dear Beth I'm so very sorry that Misty didn't make it - I'm crying as I write and know that my thoughts are with you - it's so very hard to say Goodbye and let them go. You were such a good mummy and at Rainbow Bridge she knows that. No more pain for the sweet girl. Just think she's playing with all our R/B babies and getting so much attention and love from them all.
    {{{{{{{Beth and Family}}}}} xxxxx

Love Lynne

My eyes are in tears - but I know the memory of Misty will remain with you and still bring you happy moments.

Misty and you are in my prayers.

Nita

I'm so very, very sorry. My heart is hurting and the tears are flowing. May God be with you and comfort you and you will know that your Misty will always be alive in your heart and happy at the Bridge. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless!!!!

Dear Beth! I'm crying with you - it's so sad that sweet Misty had to go! But I'm glad that she was feeling better yesterday and that you let her go at the right time and was there with her. Now, she won't suffer anymore - and she'll soon be playing with her new friends at RB.

Prayers and hugs to you and your family in this difficult time!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Tears.....

Well Misty girl has gone. How very very sad. I am glad she was in your arms when she was put down. I have always done that with my cats too. It is wonderful to have that opportunity. Not everyone has that with their pet(s).

I am sure you will be sad for a long time. We all must go through this and it is never easy.

No more pain or discomfort for Misty. May she rest in peace.

(((((((((((((((((((Misty's family))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so so very sorry about Misty. I am sitting here at work crying also. You sounded so hopeful in your first post and when I read it I was so excited. Reading about her passing made my heart break for you.

My deepest sympathy,

Jennifer

I'm so, so sorry to hear about Misty.

I, too, was so hopeful after your good report. I had even thought of somethings my vet told me about kidney failure that I was going to pass on today to help Misty when she came home.

I'm so glad you got to hold her and she was happy and content as she left us.

Rest in Peace Misty.

(Beautiful poem Karen)
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm so sorry to hear about Misty.

They really never leave us, even when they're gone. You'll always keep her in your heart.

Mary

I'm so sorry for your loss, I don't usually look on the pet board, so I didn't see it until today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm so very sorry about Misty. I didn't find out until today. I don't know what I'd do if I lost one of my furbabies.

Thank you all for your support and comfort during this difficult time. I am on vacation right now. I left Thursday morning and I'm in New York visiting family. I don't want to take up a lot of time on their computer so I'll type more when I'm back home using my own. I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate all of you.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

Oh my I am so sorry. We will pray for you to have strength. It is hard to see a very precious pet in so much pain. We have lost one precious to us 5 yrs.ago Samantha she was almost 14 we know what your going through. A huge hug to you!!

Well, I'm back home. Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. You all brought tears to my eyes. It's nice to have you all. It was wierd coming home and having all the animals greet me. There was Patience and Dakota (dogs), but no Misty. It's wierd not having her on my lap every time I sit down. Her son, Fawn, was crying. He misses his mommy. I'm a little worried about him now. I don't know what caused Misty's kidney failure. If it was kidney disease, that's hereditery. Misty was eight and Fawn is seven. I'm going to have bloodwork done on Fawn at his next check up to check his numbers. If the other vet did that, maybe this could have been caught early enough. I guess I'm in the anger and blame stage of the grieving process right now. I can't help but think if the other vet did blood work in January that this might have had a different outcome. But none of that brings her back. I just have to move on.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

Yes, Steno, definitely have Fawn's blood checked - and a urine sample too.

Last summer I took Tubby in and was told he was in the beginning stages of kidney failure. The vet told me to give him 1/4 of a Pepcid everyday. Seems kitties get acidy stomachs too, and the Pepcid would help that which would keep him from throwing up so much which means his food would stay with him longer and he might gain some weight back. He had lost about 3 pounds before I finally took him in. But when I did research on Kidney failure, I found out that the Pepcid also helps by increasing the blood flow to the kidneys. It wouldn't reverse any damage that has already been done, but would slow down the progress of any more damage.

In Feb. when I took him back for his 6 month check up, the doc said one of his numbers was the same, and the other had actually gone down! I was so excited to hear that he was doing well. The vet couldn't get a urine sample at the time, so he asked me to bring one in when I got a chance. Well, last weekend I was finally able to get one (fun, fun) and when they called back they said it looked good "for a cat with some compromised kidney function." When I got the message, I picked him up and gave him a bunch of smoochies (which he hates) to let him know how glad I was that I would have to put up with him for awhile yet.

My whole point here is that there are things they can do these days for kidney disease and failure, and it all starts with testing the blood and urine. I can't believe the other vet didn't do that with Misty either. 8 seems awfully young for kidney disease, but if it's hereditary.... The sooner they know about it the sooner they can deal with it, so yes, have Fawn checked.

And I know it might be kind of early yet, but since Fawn is missing his mom who was also a kitty friend in the house, you might want to look into getting another playmate for him. Even though the dogs are there, he might like another kitty to play with.

I know you're going through a tough time right now, but just know that we are all here for you, and Misty is waiting, without pain or discomfort, at the RB.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm very sorry to hear about your baby and hope and pray that the IV flush works for her. I'll be thinking of her, and you. God bless.