Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gosh...

gosh...

just like maltese_love posted, i am astonished to see petstores selling all these designer breeds. MORE designer breeds then purebreds.

there was: puggle, cockapoo, maltipoo, bichpoo, chipoo, more and more poos!! and a mini dachshund, jrt, and beagle.

its just SAD.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Maybe only the name has changed, I believe "Designer dogs" used to be called "muts." If people want to pay that kind of money for a "designer dog", hope they don't mind shelling out for the vet bills for problems these puppy-mill bred pups may have. They should just go to their local Humane society and adopt a "designer dog" there!!!

exactly... there are acctually alot of designer dogs in shelters who need homes much more then any other dogs!! but there are some shelters now who are making those 'designer breeds' alot more expensive then there other dogs!!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Just last night, on our local news station, they had one of those "funny" segments by a reporter who finds unusal things. Yesterday was Designer Dogs. I was shocked at all the unusal combinations. The Labradoodle went for $3000! I found my own sweet, Designer Dog at the SPCA for $35! Haven't figured out what Logan is yet, but it sure is the best of about 3 different breeds.

I've been Boooo'd!

There's sure been a lot of threads on this.

Quote Originally Posted by CagneyDog
    There's sure been a lot of threads on this.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It would probably be a good idea to have a "Designer Dogs" thread topped at the top of the forum, so it's not flooded with these.

That is sad. But i'm surprised that petstores sell kittens and puppies. It's pretty unusual to have that where i live, kittens and puppies mostly come from breeders. I think that's why there aren't a lot of designer dog breeds here. I still disagree with them though

Zimbabwe 07/13

Pet company had a sign awhile back saying: DO NOT BUY DESIGNER DOGS and a whole article explaining why not to buy them. Then they go and sell them.

. They're asking more for some of these designer dogs than we paid for Lily. If you want a "designer dog" get your butt down to the shelter! There's a ton of them who wil be willing to give you their love.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Last night I went into a pet store that sells puppies because my nephew really likes to see all the animals. I saw a "borgi" so I asked what in the heck it was, it was a corgi/basset hound mix they wanted $800 for!! I have seen the same thing on petfinder.com but those animals really need the homes.

I made a joke to the worker that it would nip and howl, and she acted like neither of those were true of either breed, like dogs never have any less-than-desirable qualities, they are just little bundles of love!! It made me really angry- they probably have to act like dogs are all fun and no work to get people who are uneducated about dog ownership to run in and buy a cute puppy. Ok, I know I am ranting, but I think just so wrong and irresponsible.

oh, i didn't know there was alot of threads on this. i agree with you pembroke_corgi, that's rediculous. puppies and dogs are alot of work, and it's not all fun and games. and when people that think that get dogs and puppies, the animals are the ones who suffer for it.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

puppies and dogs are alot of work, and it's not all fun and games. and when people that think that get dogs and puppies, the animals are the ones who suffer for it.
    Exactly!! They most likely end up at the shelter.

yeah, i wish everyone could just realize what is right in front of them.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Is there nothing we can do to stop this insanity?

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    Is there nothing we can do to stop this insanity?
    PROTEST!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography