Thread: Natural Yogurt.

Natural Yogurt.

My dog enjoys Natural Yogurt in his kong mixed with boiled chicken,what i was wondering was how many times a week could i give him this as i dont wont to over do it if there is a limit.

julie

Yogurt gives some dogs the runs. If your dog isn't affected in that way and enjoys the stuff, it's safe to give him a little bit daily.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    Yogurt gives some dogs the runs. If your dog isn't affected in that way and enjoys the stuff, it's safe to give him a little bit daily.
    I agree.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

As a fan of natural yogurt for dogs, I gotta agree with the previous two. You'd know right away if you were giving too much, lol. If his tummy hasn't been affected by hus current 'dose', it should be ok.
    Happy is he who causes scandal--- Salvador Dali.

Hmm...well, on the other hand, natural yogurt, in particular, contains a healthy amount of good bacteria (including L. Acidophilus) which helps strengthen the G.I. tract. Therefore, I often supplement my dogs' diets with a healthy dollop of natural yogurt. However, because yogurt does contain lactose and dogs do not contain enough of the lactase enzyme to deal with a large amount of the milk sugar, it'd be wise to limit your dog's daily intake to one or two tablespoons. I, myself, am lactose intolerant, but when I had some sort of nasty stomach illness, I ate bowlfuls of natural yogurt. It really did help.

For the record, a breeder I know feeds raw and gives her dogs a LARGE heaping tablespoon of natural yogurt to her dogs every day. Her dogs' weights range from around 35-40-ish.