Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breed Influence from Pettalk (pics of Oz,Gull and Murph too)

Breed Influence from Pettalk (pics of Oz,Gull and Murph too)

Has there been any breeds that you've grown to like based on hearing and seeing them on Pettalk that you didn't before becoming a member here?

I was just thinking today about how much I've grown to really like Huskies based on so many adorable ones here on Pettalk. Nebo, Tori, Roxey, Sherman, Star, Tikeya, Anna, just to name a few. As long as I'm down here in this really hot climate, I doubt I'd ever have one of my own, but if I ever move north, I just might.

Another is the retriever breeds. I've really grown fond of their personalities that shine through here at Pettalk. Tommy, Finn, Daisy, Dusty, Nala, Riley, again just to name a few. I could definitely see me having a Golden or Lab someday.

Also, I got a new camera for x-mas and have been playing around with some of the new features, so I just thought I'd pop a few new pics of the gang here. Totally irrelevant to the thread, but what the heck!

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Great pictures, I love the Two Butts shot! The long and the short of it ...

There were never any breeds I didn't like before, but I certainly know more about most breeds now than I did before Pet Talk!

Cute pictures.

I, too, am growing on Husky's! No other breeds have really grown on me except for them.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Definetely poodles! I was never a "poodle person" before pettalk, now I am hooked thanks to Pam.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Definetely poodles! I was never a "poodle person" before pettalk, now I am hooked thanks to Pam.
    AWW! Thanks. To tell you the truth I didn't like poodles before actually owning one. I became brainwashed by a co-worker years ago who would constantly talk about hers. Before then I too thought they were *sissy* dogs. I am glad Bella and Ripley are helping to overcome that stereotype.

I have always been a dog lover - of all breeds from mutts to whatever! LOL! I can't say I have become drawn to a particular breed, but I sure have come to love the dogs on this board. I wish I could visit every one of them in person. It's like having a couple of hundred dogs without the food bills or vet bills or pooper scooping all of the yards!

Border collies. Gonzo, Happy and Misty (and others, but paticularly these ones) really got me attached to the breed.

Great pics, I really like the first one.

It has to probably be Poodles for me aswell, thanks to Bella, Ripley and of course Pam Labradors have really grown on me too over the last few months (Thanks to Nova, Luka, Finn & Riley to name a few....)

Great pictures by the way! I love your Collie boys!
    Last edited by Tollers-n-Dobes; 01-14-2006 at 12:55 AM. Reason: forgot to mention a breed

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

AWESOME PICS! I LOVE all your dogs,Par,espeicailly the Smooths. As you know, I already have loved Smooths all my life since I found out about them. I have loved them more since I met Gull and Oz. They are wonderful dogs. Wonderful. I have also gotten to love Rough Collies and Borders. Calis and BC_Moms dogs have helped with that.

I love mutts even more thanks to Kfamr and lv4dogs. English Setters thanks to Flatcoatluver. Also, Rotties and huskies. Akitas to. Also, Thanks to Meeko and Lily POMS
    Last edited by Alysser; 01-05-2006 at 08:36 PM. Reason: forgot something

I've fallen head over heels for smooth collies for the past two years here I still plan to adopt one from the Collie Rescue of the Carolinas once I have a fenced yard, which is part of the qualitifications for adoption

I looooooooooove the pictures!
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

I think I would have to say Chows...after seeing and hearing so much about Anna's Huney...how could you not fall in love with them!

Any of the merle coated breeds...they just look so neat...such beautiful coats!! Par's Gull is a beauty!

I really do love all dog breeds...all dogs...always have, always will...

There are so many breeds that I am/was already fond of, but there have been a few breeds that I wasn't "that" fond of until I came to PT.

Poodles, thanks to Pam & her crew.
    Black Coated Retreivers thanks to flatcoatluver
    Spaniels, thanks to ChrisH, PJ's mom
    Chows thanks to Anna's Honey
    Sorry if I left anyone out that may have one of the mentioned breeds, you all have had an impact on me but my memory is not all that good to list everyone.
    I'm sure there are other breeds too (there's that memory problem again)
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I have also been growing more and more attracted to poodles. I also thought they were foo-foo dogs, but now I know that is far from the truth. I also have grown more and more fond of the labs. I always liked labs but seeing some of them here, I like them even more. I have wanted a pure-bred Maltese since I got Maggie (she's half) and seeing Sassy and Isis (and her new brother, can't remember his name) I want one even more. Sorry if I forgot anyone or any dogs, but that's what I can think of right now.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Pit bulls.

And this has nothing to do with PT I don't think but I have been fascinated with Weimereiners recently.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Great pictures,i think the sheperd breed has grown on me some more, alos as i mentioned before i really like border collies, the more i look at them the more i love them, great danes have always been my second favorite dog but they are slowly moving up to number one!
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Great pictures Par!!

I've actually fallen for poodles...Standard especially. I never ever thought I'd own a poodle before but Bella is soo gorgeous!

Border Collies and Tollers (thanks to Tango, Gonzo, Happy, Blaze and Misty)...

And Aussies, I have actually always loved Aussies but seeing Kaige, who can not fall in love.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08