Thread: Luna (+ a urine sample) to the vet today

Luna (+ a urine sample) to the vet today

I noticed the last days that Luna's fur was looking kind of scrubby, and last night; I noticed she was hesitant eating her dry food. Besides, she still seems to be a bit shocked by the New Years fireworks. So I decided to take her to the vet this afternoon.

When the vet looked at her, she said her fur is not looking too bad, and that it could be a result from Luna's recent antibiotic-treatment (she had a very bad UTI the week before Christmas). I bought a biotin/taurin-paste as a food supplement for her.

Also, she checked her mouth and said it's looking good apart from the last molars in her upper jaw, but it would not be bad enough to do a cleaning under anaesthesia. No inflammation at all, and her gums were looking fine.

The vet recommended Relaxan, a new natural stress relief product, for the next NYE.
    We also discussed to get a urine sample from Luna to test it for possible struvite crystals (she had those in the past, and is on URO-PET-paste since).

With that, I went home. It wasn't long that we were back, when I saw Luna using her box. I thought "now or never" and - since there wasn't anything else at hand - I just held my hand under her butt to finally get some urine from her. Can you believe that? LOL

Of course it wasn't much; and I had to carry it in the palm of my hand, poured it onto a little plate, picked it up with a syringe and filled it into a tiny bottle; and of course I lost more in the process and eventually, I had only 2 or 3 ml left, and I hope it's enough.

Anyway, I drove back to the vet to bring them the bottle of urine, and I'm supposed to call them for the results tomorrow.

Please keep your fingers crossed that it's been enough - and that there are no new crystals again!

Kirsten

I sure hope that she's fine and that her urinalysis is normal. Storm can relate because he was also found to have a lot of struvite crystals in his urine. I guess he'll have to be on a special diet for life.

Yes, I just read about Storm, I'm very sorry. I also heard that crystals are even more painful for boys as their urinary tract is longer.

I guess he'll have to be on a special diet for life.
    I'm afraid this will happen to Luna, too, when there are crytsals again.

Kirsten