View Poll Results: which do you perfer??

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • female

19 32.20%
  • male

25 42.37%
  • undecided

18 30.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you perfer male or female dogs???

Do you perfer male or female dogs???

for me its female's because I would be afraid the male would have to mark the agility ring, because I love showing in agility.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I have a thing for males. They are usually (in my opinion and observations) a bit more goofy and cuddly and I really like that.

I have actually never seen a male dog mark in an agility course. I show my Aunt's male Lab Robert in agility (*does happy dance*, I get to show him in another trial, New year's eve weekend...soo happy ) and he is a huge marker, has to mark everything...but in the ring he has never done anything like that, he is way more concentrated on other things.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I don't really have a preference, but both my dogs are female (by accident, not by design, I actually wanted to get a male before I got Adele but then I saw her on petfinder and couldn't resist ). However, they still mark on walks but not as much as a lot of male dogs do. They don't do agility but I would be more worried about them trying to greet the audience then anything else!

i have no preference, either is good for me

Males! I love females too, but I agree with k9krazee when she says that they are more goofy and cuddly. They are more loving and gentle and more "wanting to be with you" whereas females are more independant.

I really like both. since I have both.. so no preference for me..

you should have the option both for the poll..
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Male, I suppose, since I haven't had any personal experience with females... but I don't have any specific reason to prefer males.

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Males! I love females too, but I agree with k9krazee when she says that they are more goofy and cuddly. They are more loving and gentle and more "wanting to be with you" whereas females are more independant.

I've always seen it to be the exact opposite.

As most know, I have 2 females and 1 male. I love all of them equally, and I really have no preference - but, every female dog i've met has been 10 times more affectionate, playful, etc. than the males.

My girls have to be by my side 24/7 whereas my boy is usually doing his own thing. Same with my grandma's dogs (2 females, 1 male) & aunt's dogs (1 female, 2 males.)

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you on that. I had female & male dogs in the past. The female dogs I had were always more cuddly and loveable then the male dogs.

I honestly don't know if males or females are more cuddly... but I think that how they are raised plays a big part.
    Such as my two dogs.
    We got Frisk when he was six weeks old. Since then we raised him as a part of the family.
    We got Ethan when he was a year old, and his old home was abusive.
    Ethan is more reserved... he'd rather sit on the other end of the couch than sit on your lap. On the other hand, Frisk would like to sit no where else but right in the middle of your lap, and you never find him sitting by himself unless no one is around.
    Thats just my opinion...
    Last edited by Chilli; 12-28-2005 at 09:07 PM.

Before I go on I just wanted to say I'm basing most of what I say on Tollers and my experiences as that's the breed I love and am interested in so I doubt it applies to all breeds.

I much prefer females over males generally because they're smaller, coats aren't as thick/long, more athletic looking and I just find them prettier to look at. In my experience they're also more independent and not always in your face trying to see what you're up to, they do like to cuddle but aren't constantly wanting to be by your side or up on the couch with you. Females, I've found, are usually more active and willing to learn/please than males. Females also seem to be more attentive to things and have a higher drive than the males. For me, the only downfall to females is that they seem to be more aggressive than males. Males dont seem to take things as seriously as females either IMO.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I've always had female dogs and male cats (of course thats no longer true) but when I go to get another dog in the future, it'll be another female. I've never had a male dog and doubt I could ever get used to the idea of a male dog.

ditto and there also more well bitchy and teritorial in my HO
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I voted for male, since I have only ever owned 2 male dogs

I voted for females. Girls are the best. I am a girl to.