Thread: Close Call With Kujo

Close Call With Kujo

My daughter has a mix breed puppy and my grandson who is two.For months I've been fighting with her about how she allows the baby to tease and torment the puppy.Her reply is always"Don't worry he never bites him".I've tried to explain to her that it won't last long and she's not teaching him how to love and respect animals and that one day he's going to mess with the wrong dog.Anyway,the other day I was on the computer and the baby was playing with Kujo who for an Akita is quite tolerant of a small child.Well as luck would have it I turned around to check on them because my daughter wasn't paying attention and Kujo right at that moment turned his head towards the baby and let out one of those combination growl and barks.I asked the baby what he did and about that time he had a mouth full of hair.Yes,he bit the dog.My daughter turns around and says"Oh,he does that to the puppy all the time".I was furious.Naturally the first thing I had to do was dicipline Kujo so that he new that his behavior wouldn't be tolerated even though it wasn't his fault and then I diciplined the baby.Well my daughter tells me if Kujo would've bit the baby she would've called animal control.What a fight that started.I finally told her that if she refuses to teach my grandson how to treat animals she could no longer bring the baby to the house and if she continued to allow him to abuse their puppy I was calling animal control on her.I told her I would not keep my dog locked outside just because she can't teach her son right and that anytime I saw him being abusive to his puppy I was going to dicipline him wether she liked it or not.I can't make her understand what type of animal cruelty she's setting him up to commit.I told my son-in-law that her and the baby have no buisness having an animal and they should find him a new home.Fortunetly he agrees.What really stuns me is my kids were raised with animals and know that type of behavior was never tolerated in my house.I love my grandson dearly but I will not allow him to treat Kujo like that especially in his own home.

Poor Kujo, It sounds like he has had enough. Hopefully your daughter will start teaching him how to properly behave around animals. That's awful, I hope it doesn't continue.

I'm just very thankful Kujo just gave him a warning.Alot of Akita's wouldn't have.I felt really bad for having to dicipline him since it wasn't his fault but I couldn't let him think it was okay becauser if it ever happend again even with another child he might bite.

That is ridiculous. You handled it right though. That just annoys me. That happened to me a while back. Sort of. My friend who is no longer came into my house and Sassy came up and started begging for a goodie. She HIT her her on the side of the face. I mean HIT! Sassy went running and crying. My mom was so pissed off she almost threw her out. That is why I am NOT her freind. Well, partially. Poor Kujo. I would call ania ml control on her to.

How old is that baby? Poor Kujo, I won't let the baby get away with it ethier. Then he won't know right from wrong.

He's 2 and a 1/2,but I know he understands he's not supposed to do that because I've caught him looking to see if anyone's watching when he's messing with his puppy.It's just that he gets away with it all the time.I don't like to tell my daughter how to raise her son but that is something I'll always put in my two sense about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree'sKujo
    He's 2 and a 1/2,but I know he understands he's not supposed to do that because I've caught him looking to see if anyone's watching when he's messing with his puppy.It's just that he gets away with it all the time.I don't like to tell my daughter how to raise her son but that is something I'll always put in my two sense about.

Well He is old enough to know that. He shouldn't get away with it, if you ask me. But its probly hard to tell your dauther how to raise her child, I know what you mean. Best of luck with that

I got bitten by my neightbors dog once, when I first moved in. After they knew I got bitten they didn't even bring the dog in, and their were little kids walking around, after I got bit, petting this dog (boxer)

Yeah,it's hard but no matter how hard it is I will always correct him for if I see it.I wish she'd realize that if it keeps up sooner or later someone elses dog is really going to hurt that baby.Then her and I will really go at it.