Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heating, pregnant, in season...

heating, pregnant, in season...

Hi umm could someone explain to me what the heating, bred and stuff is? I just want to know kinda like the stages a dog goes through to become pregnant.(also anyone kno any signs that show that they are pregnant?)
    thanks!
    P.S. anyone know why my dog keeps like humping our toy turtle???

I'm not too informed on this. But in order for a dog to get pregnant, it must be in heat, I think.

Speaking of which.. we need to get Molly spayed before she goes into her first heat.

Sometimes humping is a form of showing dominance.. do dogs try to dominate their toys? LOL

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I'm just going to come out and say it -- because you seem to know nothing of breeding you must spay your dog. It will do you and her a huge favor.

As far as humping -- she is not fixed. Unfixed dogs have sexual drive and hump things more often than a fixed dog. Though girls' sex drive is usually only there during heat ... do you know how to tell when a dog is in heat? It is possible she is in heat and you don't even know it. Is her private area swollen?
    Or, like BC_Mom said, it could be because of dominance.

Mounting behaviors occur due to sexual hormone influences, dominance
    behavior, anxiety, and sometimes as a sort of obsessive/compulsive disorder. This is generally seen more in males than females and in unaltered dogs. My suggestion is to get your dog spayed, why breed her when you don't even know the signs of a dog in heat?

• AMADEUS • AUGUSTUS • SEBASTIAN • THEODORE •

k thanks guys!and ya it does look swollen..

Then she's probably in heat...but like Bc_Mom, Sarah, and Crazy-Cat-Lover, I agree just get her fixed.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

PLEASE get both of your dogs fixed, ASAP!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

PLEASE get her spayed.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

You weren't thinking of breeding her, were you? Please get her spayed asap!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

It's not very responsible for you to breed him/her. Spaying/neutering is a lot better for the dogs, and reduces the risk of cancer, and breeding is very, very stressful, and very hard on your dogs. So, please spay/neuter both your dogs!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Also, if she is swollen, probably meaning she's in heat, keep her away from your little guys I also agree that getting them fixed is the best thing in the world for them, your little girls and guys chances of getting cancer or other problems are so much lower when they're neutered/spayed
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

do you show your dogs??? It sounds like you are thinking about breeding!!! I really don't think anybody should breed unless there dogs are a great example of the breed, your dogs have tittles (from showing), you already have home lined up for the puppies, the bitch and male have all updated health records. if you have all of that done, then you are a responsible breeder if you don't your just a terrible backyard breeder!!! pLease spay and neuter!!!! did you know 10,000 healthy dogs get euthenized every year in shelter?? please don't breed and overpopulate the puppy world anymore. Just to add if you think you are going to get money from breeding your not!!!!

edit! please I'm begging you to be a responsible owner and spay!!! I work at a shelter and I talk to a person like you atleast everyweek, that want to breed but dosn' know how. plz spay and neuter.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

let me tell you a story of a not responsible breeder I dealed with 2 weeks ago.
    there was a lady that had a golden retriever female she wanted to breed, she did not know her dog was inheat and she kept her dog outside for just a hour, and the neighbors lab jumped the fence and got her dog pregenate, but guess what she does not want to deal with finding the mixed dogs home,BECAUSE THEIR A MIXED BREED. so she took the mom and the puppies into the shelter!!!!!!! you know how angry that make me feel when someone want to breed and does not know this kind of stuff. I am really sorry everybody on PT has to see me like this, well actually read me like this but it makes me so angry!!! we get people like this in the shelter all the time!!!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I can understand why your upset Flatcoatluver, this is a serious issue. If you work/volenteer at a shelter, you see these wonderful lives get killed every day because of irresponsible people. It just makes me ashamed that I belong to the human race. I think those people are a whole different kind of species then me and most people here at pet talk!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

ok!well i'll talk to my dad about this!Thanks!and thats a sad story...