Thread: Contaminated Diamond Pet Foods....!!

Contaminated Diamond Pet Foods....!!

This is straight from their website, not sure if it's been posted here yet or not, but spread the word guys!

NEWS ALERT:

We have received two calls regarding one product code. In both cases, dogs are sick with symptoms consistent with aflatoxin exposure. Tests on this specific date code are pending, but due to the nature of the communications received from the field, we have elected to post this code: DMD1001JC32GJL____, BB 11Apr07.

This is a Diamond Maintenance Dog Formula code. If you have a bag from this same batch, the following portion of the code will be identical: DMD1001JC32GJL____, BB 11APR07. If your code does not match this exactly, we have not received complaints or test results regarding your food yet. The last four digits of the code will vary. As soon as test results are available, they will be posted. If you have a bag from this particular batch, please contact your veterinarian. Tests are being performed on samples at 30 minute intervals during the entire production run. The times from the batch codes from these two calls are 1034 and 1152. The time is shown in the last four digits of the code

Important Customer Alert

Diamond Pet Food has discovered aflatoxin in a product manufactured at the company’s Gaston, S.C. facility. Out of an abundance of caution, we have notified our distributors in the areas affected and recommended they hold the sale of all products potentially affected by this situation.

Product quality and customer satisfaction are important to us, and we pledge to keep you updated as new developments occur.

What is Aflatoxin?

Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring toxic chemical by-product from the growth of the fungus Aspergillus flavus, on corn and other crops. The fungus develops on crops during years with severe high temperature stress and drought.

What products are affected?

Products formulated with corn at our facility in Gaston, S.C. may be affected by this situation (see complete list below).

The Gaston facility date codes are unique from other Diamond facility codes in that either the eleventh or twelfth character in the date code will be a capital “G” (in reference to Gaston). The range of date codes being reviewed are “Best By 01-March-07” through Best By “11-June-07.” Diamond’s quantitative analysis records substantiate that Diamond’s corn shipments were definitively clear of aflatoxin after December 10. As such, “Best By 11-June-07” date codes or later are not affected.

Gaston facility products recommended for temporary removal from sale include:

Diamond Puppy Food

Diamond Original Dog Food

Diamond Low Fat Dog Food

Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food

Diamond Maintenance Dog Food

Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food

Diamond Performance Dog Food

Diamond Maintenance Cat Food

Diamond Professional Cat Food

Professional Reduced Fat Chicken & Rice Dog Food

Professional Chicken & Rice Adult Dog Food

Professional Puppy Food

Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food

Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food

Professional Adult Cat Food

Country Value Puppy

Country Value Adult Dog

Country Value High Energy Dog

Country Value Adult Cat Food

Are products manufactured at other Diamond facilities affected by this situation?

No. Products manufactured at our Gaston facility are the only ones affected.

What states receive products from the Gaston facility?

The Gaston facility provides products to our customers in Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky (eastern), Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, Vermont, and Virginia.

What symptoms should I look for from my pet?

Symptoms of illness will include sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, yellowish tint to the eyes and/or gums, and severe or bloody diarrhea.

What should I do if I suspect my pet is ill?

If you suspect your pet is ill, please consult your veterinarian immediately.

Thanks for the post. I think this is the food that I received a TON of samples of. Not sure. I'll have to check it when I get home. If it is, I'm throwing it away. Luckily, I haven't given Fenway any of the samples but I gave my cats some samples. They were fine though.

Thanks again.