Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok I need idea's PLEASE!

ok I need idea's PLEASE!

ok here is the thing, I am extremly unmaterialistic when it comes to ME, my pets are another matter lol, but there is absolutly NOTHING that I want for christmas for ME. see when people ask me what I want I usually just say something related to border collies, but my brother needs a list of what I want for x-mas, and he does not know jack about dogs..litterally, he had no clue what a border collie was, he did not even knows dogs had breeds for petes sake, making anything related to animals completly out of his league..but that leaves me with nothing! the only thing I want is a new camera, the kind I want is $700 putting that out of the question. leaving absolutly nothing! so I need idea's..what do I want for christmas? because I am stumped I have been trying to come up with something, anything for months and I got nadda.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Ask for gift cards from pet stores
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

none of the petstores in my area have gift cards, petland might, who knows but I wont set foot inside that store, that place is awful. everything I want relates to animals, but unless he is willing to just give me money its not gonna happen with him
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

How about asking him to donate to a BC rescue group or your local Humane Society? That's what I've asked my family to do.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Some pet websites do gift cards. You could give him the address to an online pet store (Jeffers.com, for example) and have him buy you a gift card (not sure if Jeffers does them, though ).

honestly? I would LOVE that(the rescue donation) lol but in his eyes that wont be for me as the money would be going toward animals not toward me, my mom is willing to just get things for the animals, but my brother and dad figer any gift for me must be for ME, thats why I can tell my dad "border collie stuff" not stuff for my border collies but stuff for me that relates to border collies, make sence? I'm sorry my family is weird, my mom is a fellow dog lover, she see's nothing weird about my wanting stuff for animals, but my dad and brother and most of my family otherwise figer everything needs to go toward myself, no exeptions. personaly I dont think that makes sence, they say it because they want ME to be happy but they refuse to do anything that will make ME happy thats why I specified the ME part in the fisrt post
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Uhm, well, maybe you could ask for a gift card to a book store and buy BC books with it? I'm not much of a reader, but I can *never* have enough dog books!

online gift cards? hmm I will look into that! thanks!

posted at the same time lol my mom and I are HUGE readers..we have both read nearly every dog book out there, we have a heack of a time trying to find a book we have no read at least once.. lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    online gift cards? hmm I will look into that! thanks!
    Of course!

I don't know...personally, I don't know you well enough to know things that you like, other than BC stuff which you said your brother won't buy?? If he will, why not a figurine or a gift card to a store that sells them...I'm sure there are a TON of BC things he could buy if he is willing (that is for YOU) like stuffed toys, calenders, figurines, t-shirts, etc etc...

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

no no see the problem is that he does not know what a border collie IS, I told him Happy and Misty are border collies and he was like "their dogs" he had no idea dogs even came in breeds much less how to recignize a partucualr breed when he see's one, the average person off the street knows about 5 times as much about dogs as my brother knows, and growing up in a house full of dogs I have no idea how he pulled that one off yes it must be for me, the problem is that dog stuff for me is over his head lol the only thing I can think of is having him take me to a petsore so I can pick stuff out myself, or just give me money lol I cant find any online petstores that offer online gift cards AND ship to canada though..
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Maybe you could look at a site like amazon.com where they have nearly everything and create a wishlist. I can't imagine anyone not finding something on there that they like. Pick out several items then print it out for him so he can pick something.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Well you have to eat, how about a gift card to a restaurant or starbucks if you like coffee?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

My daughter is VERY difficult to buy for. She has champagne taste in a beer purse, ever since she was a little girl. So, I give her money and she buys what she wants. It works out for both of us.

This year I've got a wonderful surprize for her. My Dad (RB, 1997) had a wedding ring. It was actually a man's opal (his birthstone) ring that he wore as a wedding ring when he got dressed up. I took the opal out of the ring and had it put into a pendant for her. She has absolutely NO idea!!

Me personally, I love gift cards to pet stores (my cats need to eat), cat figurines or money. I DO, however, have my eye on a mirror at Christmas Tree Shops. It's a mirror that looks like a window. There is a silouhette of a cat looking out of it. I hope my kid took the hint when we were there.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Tell him to give you money then. I don't see why he cant give you a gift certificate for a store that you like? And I'm sure he knows what a border collie is, he is just being "cool". and if he doesn't, why can't he ask the people at the store to find him something with a border collie?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)