View Poll Results: Is your christmas tree real or fake?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real

22 36.07%
  • Fake

39 63.93%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real or fake?

Real or fake?

Sorry if this has already been posted....but, do you usually get a real or fake christmas tree???

We always get real ones at my dads. It's kinda annoying having to pick up all the needles...but I think they look better, and smell better

My mom has a fake tree. Hers always looks nice...I wouldn't mind a fake one, but at the same time, I like real ones.

What about you? Which to you prefer?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Ours is fake.

I've only ever had a real tree once and there was a nest of Spider eggs in it which hatched... not a fun lol! Ever since then my Mom has sworn she'd never have a real tree again. I personally like fake ones a bit better, but only because they aren't as messy and you can keep them up longer. I do love the smell of real ones though...

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Ours is fake, and always has been. A lot of my friends have real ones, and they like them, except for having to pick up the mess they leave. One year, hopefully we can have a real one....
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

We just do what we feel like doing that year. We have a fake tree, but this year we bought a tree from the boy scouts.

Real. My husband refuses to get fake, so since he insists on real trees I insist on them being Fraser firs. They've got stronger branches for heavier ornaments and they're very aromatic.

I just LOVE the smell of the tree! Always real, the only reason I see for fake trees are the colored ones. (white, silver, blue, pink, gold, red, etc.)

Niņo & Eliza

This is my first year with a fake tree and I don't regret it a bit, I love my tree! I got to put it up so much earlier and no mess.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

this is our second year of having a fake tree. we always usally get real, but it gets so expensive.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

What about both This year was going to be our first year not getting a real tree, we set up the artificial one and then the next day ran out and got a real one. It just wasn't the same without the experience of going out and cutting down your own tree. We put the real one upstairs and the fake one downstairs.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

When I was really young my parents always had real trees, then when I was in my teens or so we used a fake tree (passed down from our grandparents). Since I moved out on my own though I usually have a real tree. For the first few years I had a real one then for 2 years I got a fake tree & didn't care for it at all. The last few years have all been real trees, cut x-mas trees. This year & from now on I am really using a real tree, one that can be planted outdoors or into a large floor planter. I'm saving trees not killing them!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

There are no real Christmas trees here... So we have a fake one, but I'd love to have a real one some day...
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Fake due to allergies and the mess. To get the smell (any fragance) I use candles and airfreshners.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Both! We have a huge artificial one in the living room and one outside in the porch, then a real one in the hallway and one in our front garden!!! We have a lotta decorations!!!!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Interesting poll! I was surprised to see the fake trees are more common than the real trees! *laughs*

It's been tradition, ever since I was very little, to go out and cut down the family Christmas tree. I wouldn't have it any other way. I just love the way they smell!

**hugs**

Real tree! This year, we got two, actually! NO FAKE TREES in this house!!