Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kelly would like some advice and prayers too

Kelly would like some advice and prayers too

Hello everyone,

Kelly is in a dilema and has asked me to post a summary of her story because she's looking for some advice for her situation. I know that everyone here knows our Kelly and knows her heart and personality. She is the least spiteful person I know, on the contrary, she's the most giving and loving person I know, despite her own health situation.
    Lately she's been treated very poorly by the office manager of her pain doctor's practice.

I hope it's ok, but here is an excerpt from her live journal that explains some of the story...

Monday, I called my new (nicer) pharmacy to refill 3 of my prescriptons. One was my Fentanyl patch. When I got to that one, they told me that because it was a class "C" narcotic, I had to have a paper prescription. That wasn't a big deal, so I called my doc's office and spoke to the "stupidest girl on earth" ie, the receptionist. She proceeded to tell me that I couldn't have a refill because they only gave refills when you come in for an appointment. So I told her that because my next appointment was 12/27 (the absolute SOONEST) I couldn't wait for a refill, that I was on my last patch. She handed the phone to the office manager because apparently that was way too much info for her to process. Finally told my tale and she told me she'd have the written rx ready the next day.

I was sick yesturday...horrible day. My body hurt, I was so nauseas and my whole body felt like that restless leg syndrom thingy. It was torture. I hated it. I was walking around in CiCi's garden crying and praying to God to stop that feeling in my body, it was horrible. I couldn't even sit down to pee I was so uncomfortable. I realized I had forgotten to put on my patch in TWO days...I think my body was going through withdrawl! I took my pain meds, anti-barf pills and put a new patch on. I felt better about an hour later.

I got myself to work today. Felt like I was going to vomit the entire car ride there, but felt better once there. People were bitchy as hell...grumpy too. Patients were very nice though. At 3:00 my supervisor took me downstairs and gave me a verbal warning about being out sick 3 times in 3 months. I'm used to this speech at this point. I told her I was sorry and that I'll try even harder to get myself to work, that if I could, I would never call in sick. Luckily she understands, but has to do her job. Before I left to go home, she walked me out. She talked to Lynn (department manager) and told me that once I've been there a year, I'm elgible for FMLA, where I can use that for sick time and doc appointments and it wont effect my job. That was nice she went that extra mile for me, shows she actually believes I'm sick.

On the way home, I dropped off the cookies I made for my pain doc and his office and picked up the rx. I could tell they weren't seeing patients, the lobby had 3 people in it, talking about some legal case. I went to my regular pharmacy with my script. Here's where hell decided to break loose for me:
    1. Stupid office manager wrote the rx for Fentanyl 5, not Fentanyl 50. There is no such thing as 5, the doses are 25, 50, 75, 100...not 5!!!
    2. My pharmacy didn't order it, so they don't have it in stock!! HELLO!!! I called Monday for it, didn't they THINK of ordering it then?? God forbid we use our brains...

Lucky for me, she'll order it, but it takes 2 days to get there. Nice. She told me to try other pharmacies, but warned that they may not take the incorrect rx.

Called all the pharmacies in Newbury Park. Of course, the only one that had it included an [CENSORED] for a pharmacist. "Who prescribed it? A doctor?" No, I did!! WTF?? I could TELL he instantly thought I was some drug seeker!! Gosh, I cannot tell you how much I HATE that. I went there and was told it'd take an hour!!! Guys, this is a BOX! No counting, just slap a label on there and charge me my co-pay. I told her that if I was going to wait, I wanted to make sure the RX was OK for him to fill. He looked at it and said he'd have to call the doc's office and get a new one. (CANT have a new one, has to be a paper original, remember!?!?) I tried calling the doc's office to see if I could go back there again and get it fixed. (Time was 3:45) Guess who put the phones on voicemail 2 hours early??

I went back to my nice pharmacy, told them to fill it when they got the patches in and to call me when they had it ready. As I was putting my seatbelt on and finally had my breakdown, the pharmacist calls me and tells me she can't fill it because of the error!!! Even though I get it every month...I think she could tell I was crying, so she offered to call the office in the AM and explain it to them, and to have a new one ready for me, that I'd give them the incorrect one tomorrow.

Well, the annoyance ended up continuing from here with this office manager telling her that she's taking too much medicine and that she's not due for a refill. Basically she keeps getting the run around and attitude from this office manager who preceeded to tell Kelly that she (Kelly) has been rude the them (WTF????) and that they may have to divorce themselves of her as a patient.

I can't believe that someone would say that. Anyone else in Kelly's position wouldn't have had half as much tact and politeness as our Kelly, yet this woman feels the need to treat her this way. I just don't get it. I worked for a vet hospital that treated their patients better! Sure, we had rude customers, but we ALWAYS bent over backwards to remedy any situation and make the customer happy, even if they were in the wrong. The thing is, Kelly is not in the wrong here, and she's been very kind during this whole ordeal. She NEEDS this pain medicine just to keep her pain under control and to stay out of the hospital. I don't understand why it's so hard for someone to work in the medical profession and deny a patient the very thing they need just to get by for one day!

Her pharmacist has also commented to Kelly that he's worked with this woman before and she indeed is not nice. However, he will not get involved with anything, such as writing an anonymous letter about her, because he deals with her too often.

Is there anything Kelly can do about her treatment by this horrible women? Is there a BBB for medical professions?
    She likes the doctor, and he's necessary for her to keep her pain under control, but it seems like this woman is weaving a web of lies about Kelly and even threatening of dropping her as a patient.

Any advice would be most welcome!

**hugs**
    Last edited by wolflady; 12-18-2005 at 04:50 PM.

Kelly would like some advice & prayers

That is UNREAL!!! Talk about unprofessional! This manager really needs an attitude adjustment big time. Who is she to say that Kelly is over medicated? That's the doctor's call, certainly not an office manager's. If Kelly feels comfortable with her doctor, I would strongly suggest that he be told about that attitude queen running his office. If Ms. Attitude Queen has spoken this way to Kelly and a pharmacy, she most likely has done it to others. This type of behavior usually isn't limited to a single person. It would be interesting to know if anyone else has complained about her. From my own experience, I know how vital it is to have a doctor you're comfortable with when you have a chronic medical condition. Kelly, tell your doctor about what has happened and explain that you're afraid of future difficulties with Ms. Attitude Queen if she knows that you said something. You do NOT have to tolerate this type of treatment from ANYONE!!! Realize that there may well have been other complaints and yours might be the final straw. TELL YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

First of all Kelly I'm so sorry all this is happening to you. . You need to have the pharmacy contact the Doctor not the manager she has no medical training.(can only do as the doctor writes down. I don't know if the AMA would look in to this or not. But a letter afrom you and the phyarmicest couldn't hurt. (After you talk to the doctor about it, give him a chance to deal with her, inform him of what you will do if miss uppity pulls this again. It does reflect his med license. Next option is letter to editor of local news paper. Sometimes sweetie you have to go for the jugular. But heres for youhug
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

I would make an appointment to see the doctor and speak to him about what transpired with the office manager. Mention the pharamacist even has problems with her.
    He needs to deal with the office manager. There is no BBB for doctors but there is the AMA and a note to them might be inorder.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I think this could have been relayed without the vulgar language!
    I am sorry for Kelly's problems, but let's please be repectful here!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    I think this could have been relayed without the vulgar language!
    I am sorry for Kelly's problems, but let's please be repectful here!

Kim
    I'm sorry, but where is the vulgar language?
    If you're referring to Kelly's LJ post, she was frustrated, and I can't blame her. She is suffering terribly at this moment, and has every right to say how she feels in her own journal. Granted, maybe I shouldn't have posted her entry, but I thought it did a better job describing what she is going through than I could have done...
    I've seen a lot worse things posted on this board, and Kelly is needing some advice right now...

Kelly is the sweetest, kindest person I know and she has had the most terrible time in her life, anyone would be at the end of their tether by now, I really feel so much for you Kelly and I wish there was something I could say or do to help you,NO-ONE should have to endure what you have, and your tolerance has been amazing, I would have lost the plot ages ago if it had been me.

HUGS sweetie, just know I am thinking of you and hoping life starts treating you better than it has in the past.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Its a shame that Kelly has run into a Bully who likes to make life miserable for anyone that she comes into contact with.
    These people have low self esteem,hate working and do a bad job.
    They are Buck Passers par excellence and its a shame that this person has responsibility over people who are ill.
    I was going to send Kelly something,does anyone have her New Address to Pm,to me?
    We are praying for You Kelly,and Your Cats!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Wolflady, please let Kelly know that she's in my thoughts and prayers. I was hoping to hear that she was feeling better. If I was her I would talk to the pain doctor and explain everything that's been going on. I sure hope that something will help relieve her pain so she can feel better and be able to live a normal and happy life. Please take care Kelly. (((HUGS)))

Quote Originally Posted by wolflady
    I'm sorry, but where is the vulgar language?
    If you're referring to Kelly's LJ post, she was frustrated, and I can't blame her. She is suffering terribly at this moment, and has every right to say how she feels in her own journal. Granted, maybe I shouldn't have posted her entry, but I thought it did a better job describing what she is going through than I could have done...
    I've seen a lot worse things posted on this board, and Kelly is needing some advice right now...
    Sadly that is the problem. Foul language is so prevalent these days .. most
    don't even notice! I do also see that the complete "F" word has now been deleted!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

kim I think you have really missed the whole point of this thread entirely, whereas I am not comfortable with vulgar language either, sometimes you just have to overlook it and see it for what it really is, someone who is having a terrible, terrible time and is completely fustrated by it all and I think if I were in her shoes I would be using a few expletives myself.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    kim I think you have really missed the whole point of this thread entirely, whereas I am not comfortable with vulgar language either, sometimes you just have to overlook it and see it for what it really is, someone who is having a terrible, terrible time and is completely fustrated by it all and I think if I were in her shoes I would be using a few expletives myself.
    Thank you Carole, that is indeed what this thread was about.

I went ahead and censored the entry for sensitive people, but I'm sad that this had to be brought up...afterall, this was from a private journal entry of someone who is suffering terribly and is frustrated with what is happening in her life. Again, I've seen worse things in other threads...

Please, could we all give Kelly some advice about her situation?

For everyone else who has requested, I've let Kelly know that we're all praying for her to find a solution for her pain. Catmandu, I'll PM you her address.

**hugs**

Wolflady because i suffer from daily pain, I understand what pain can do to a person, a normal level-headed person can loose it so easily when you suffer continual ongoing pain, and believe me my situation does not even compare with what poor kelly is going through.
    Furangels only lent.

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    Wolflady because i suffer from daily pain, I understand what pain can do to a person, a normal level-headed person can loose it so easily when you suffer continual ongoing pain, and believe me my situation does not even compare with what poor kelly is going through.
    Bless your heart. I can't imagine what that must be like for you or Kelly. My sister is also suffering from daily pain of AVN and I see everyday how pain affects people's lives. It's so hard...

**hugs**
    Karen

I am so frustrated for Kelly also she doesn't deserve this at all.
    I think she should talk to her pain doc at her next appt and definately tell him what his employees are doing.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..