Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Growth on Eyelid

Thanks everyone for the replies,, i took him in Saturday and they said it is like a pimple/skintag and that its so small that they would not suggest even removing it, as long as it has no discharge etc, and they said he was in perfect health otherwise and not to worry they said if it gets bigger than bring him back, but otherwise he was fine, so i was pretty excited about that!! Thanks again for all the replies.

Woo Hoo thats great news! Hope it stays small or disapears on its own.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Great news!!! That's got to be a relief!

My 10 year old Golden Retriever has a growth on her eyelid and some discharge from that eye. I'm pretty concerned and this week she goes to the vet. This thread has been a big help to me. The growth is small, but appears to be growing ever so slightly and is starting to cover the eyeball area. She seems to have no concerns or discomfort, but I have to see whats going on.

Anyone else have any experience with this issue ?

She had the growth removed and the biopsy was negative, but in recovering one of the stitches scratched her cornea, so now we are dealing with that. The vet says it was from constant squinting and blinking and the stitch got in the eye area. She doesn't appear in any discomfort, but he removed the stitch and hopefully she'll be ok in short order. In the interim, I'm giving her an antibiotic ointment 3 times a day to deal with any infection possibilities. It hasn't been a pleasant experience.

She goes back to the vet today and he'll look at the eye to see if the cornea is healing as well as the area where the original growth on her eyelid was removed. I am sorry i put her through all of this, but it seemed the wise thing to do before the growth got larger and caused more problems. The vet said a larger growth would be a far more difficult procedure. I'm really hopeful the cornea is healing. I'll know soon enough

Happy to report that visit to vet went well and she is on the mend. She should be fine in about a month , but will have to deal with the antibiotic ointment in her eye twice daily. Scar on the eyelid will heal well according to the Doc. I'm extremely happy.

She's a real trooper and has handled this far better than me.Thats why I love her so much.