Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm excited!

I'm excited!

I went to JC Penney's outlet store at lunch to see if I could pick up something little for hubby for Christmas. I found something, and it ain't little! What did I get? A brand new microfiber couch for $189!!! Woohooo! Sure, I have the little problem of HOW I'm gonna get it home (they don't deliver outlet items).

I'm so excited, I have read all the threads here about those of you with micerofiber. I'm interested to see if "Harry the Couch Shredder" takes a whack at the new one. I'll have to be really on top of nail trims (I've been so bad lately). Maybe he won't take interest in sharpening his claws on this one. Maybe.

So, any bets on how long the couch will remain unclawed? How long do you think an ivory ultra-suede couch will remain ivory with 5 cats and a dog?

Woohoo.... can ya tell I'm excited over my bargain hunting couch? LOL

edit to add the link to my new couch. JC Penney couch Ain't it purrrty? Its in that color too.

WOW that's a great price!! I saw one at Big Lots for a little under $300, and I am considering buying it. I love the microfiber. My parents just bought one, and it's so comfy...they have 5 cats and none of them mess with the couch.

That's a beautiful couch, and a STEAL at $189!!! Ho ho ho!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh man, I just clicked the link and saw it, it's beautiful! I wish we had a JC Penny outlet store around here...hmm, Reading's not tooo far away...LOL maybe hubby will drive it for me. of course, with the price of gas, I might as well get the one from Big Lots...

What a bargain !!! Wow, such a beautiful couch, for so little money!!
    I hope that your furkids will show some respect for mommy's bargain
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I said the Word Couch and The Found Cats all started crying because I threw the ratty Old Couch old this Fall,
    We miss OUR COUCHIE!
    MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEWW
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I am going to look for A Pillow Back,Too Bad the Amity doesnt deliver.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oooooo, pretty! And what a bargain! When I got my couch, I had it reupholstered in the 'Willow Bough' pattern by William Morris. It was so beautiful it could bring tears to your eyes. Then I covered it all up with quilts so the cats wouldn't shed all over it and claw it to death. I haven't seen that beautiful fabric since the couch arrived.
    Gin

I need to borrow you to help with holiday shopping next year,man you sure find the deals Beautiful sofa

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

I LOVE it!!! I love the overstuffed look. I'd be excited too! Anyway you can tie it on the roof of your car?? Got a friend who has a truck? Rent one for an hour from a truck rental place.

WOOHOO!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

What a DEAL
    It beautiful.

That looks like a lovely (and comfortable) couch! Congratulations on the price!
    Now, as for the color............

I*V*O*R*Y ??????

Now I know what you need for Christmas, a gross of sticky rollers, and an upholstery suction cleaner

Can I come sit on your new couch??

Beautiful couch! Looks "cat-comfy"! I wonder, with the microfiber, will cat hair show up on it? Certain fabrics don't show lint or cat hair.

Great deal, too!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Yes Jen, A moment of insanity led me to an ivory couch. Its soooo comfy, You just melt into it.

They also had a burgundy couch in a nubby fabric that looked like it would have taunted all the cats "scratch me... you know you wanna.... come on, take a swipe at me" and hubby would have been through the roof with Harry swiping his claws on the new couch (the old one is just fine since its old as dirt and UGLY). I really am confident that this smooth fabric will not invite any clawing. They have not touched my settee, and I think its because of the silky smooth fabric. Any fabric thats got a texture is fair game for them Besides, the burgundy couch was not comfy. It was just a place to sit. The ivory couch is a place to melt into.

So when are ya gonna come sit on my new couch? Any time is good for me!

You know if the outlet doesn't deliver, they probably have a service that will do it for them. Give them a call and ask.

I have a microfiber sleeper sofa in the family room and it is COMFY. Even the furry gang likes it and more importantly doesn't scratch it

Michael tells me that the Cat Angels have been sitting on the Couch and that you are not exaggerating.
    And that if I was any kind of a Cat Dad I would be phoning up Sears RIGHT NOW,and ordering the Biggest,The Softest Couch in the Store.
    RIGHT NOW being the preemptive words!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS