Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tookie??

I have heard the nobel peace prize argument also, do you know that anybody can get nominated for the nobel peace prize? That is what I have read, I never knew that before this case.

I would be interested to see the countries for and against the death penalty...I bet crime is a lot lower in Iran than in France, they may have the right idea.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    I'm still confused on this whole issue because I've always been for the death penalty. It's hard not to justify killing someone who performs such heinous acts, but why do we think that just because they thought they had the right to take someone's life, that that gives us the right to take their lives?
    I agree with you on this...I really don't know where I stand as of now. In no way do I think he should've been set free, but I don't know as of now if I am really for or against the death penalty. I used to be for it, but I just don't know now..

Tubby and peanuts mom,
    I just did some quick internet searches, your right in fact the U.S. is one of the only western countries to allow the death penalty, that is interesting and something I never knew.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Pretty much anyone can be nominated for a NPP.

You just have to have a degree or office to make the nomination.

Iran and N. Korea routinely enforce the DP for speaking out against the government-trial on friday, dead on monday. For speaking out.
    Run drugs in the Far East? Death.
    Cheat on your hubby in the Mid East? Death.

While not the worst crimes on the planet I think getting a little something on the side, running smoke or speaking out against a rotten government should get you a little break.

Speak out against the US government? People point and laugh.
    Cheat on your spouse? people point and laugh then you pay alimony!
    Get caught with drugs? People point and laugh and you go to jail!
    Kill someone, like an animal? People point and demand justice.

---------------------------------------------

Some of those countries have governments rooted far deeper into religion or having some bobo run the country...

You won't get a break, the time or a chance to prove you are innocent.
    We gave the Tookster 26 years to worm his way outta the way and he could not do it.

---------------------------------------------
    The Tookster raped other inmates, tossed caustic chemicals at the guards and was a real pain until his conversion.....

keeping him in jail was a waste of money, letting him out was a chance that no one wanted to take.....

I would have liked some of those protestors to "adopt a Tookie".

You know, take him home for a weekend, let him hang out with your kids, and the Tookster can read his books to them???

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD

I would have liked some of those protestors to "adopt a Tookie".

You know, take him home for a weekend, let him hang out with your kids, and the Tookster can read his books to them???
    Funny but that's just what I thought when the gal yelled at the state officials that they had killed an innocent man. Why didn't she volunteer to take care and responsibility of him?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Why or why would we partake in something that is so barbaric that the majority of the civilized world outlaws it and the part of the world we think is uncivilized does it?

There are some who live amoung civilized people who do not
    acknowledge our laws & by choice live as barbarians.They will take
    your life on a bet.I believe those who are a threat to life & limb of
    the majority of law abiding people should pay the price for their crimes.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am going to make a statement that may not convince anyone that the DP is needed, but I will try to make a point why it's sometimes necessary to clean out the gene pool.

You asked what give us the right to clean the scum from the bottom of our gene pool?

It's to protect the people who swim in that same pool, who, by some chance, come into contact with that scum, slip, smash their heads into the
    pool deck and drown.

We can blame the swimmer, but it eventually comes down to the "lifeguards"
    poolside.

We depend on them to watch us, care for us and make sure the pool is safe.

They might be able to keep the pool clean for a while, but rest assured, that scum is always gonna be there.
    ----------------------------------------------

My personal favorite is Richard "night stalker" Ramirez. He killed 14 people, one murder took place just up the street from my house and he used my name as an alias. (told you I live an interesting life!)

This scum would kill the men in the house, then brutalize the women. There are a few books written about this joker.....buy one or two and decide if you would like someone like this to live another minute on this earth.

While the Tookster "only" shot 4 people, Senor Ramirez, killed, raped, mutilated --then used his victim's blood to leave messages on the walls.

"Killer" is a catch all phrase, as is "serial killer". It tells you all that there is to know......without giving you a total to the damage they have caused.

Killing one person is bad. Four incredibly horrendous and 14????

Insert your own adjective there.

I almost have pity for a drunk driver that goes out and kills someone in an accident. They don't plan the end of their day in that fashion.

to pick up a 12 gauge shotgun and look for trouble or to break into homes and slaughter people, while they sleep is way out there.

No mercy for the AH who kills 4 and not one thought about the AH that kills 14.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Office??? Did someone say Office?? Well, does this count??

Well You DID say "Office" didn't you?? Well, here's mine. Now nominate me, damn it!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Office??? Did someone say Office?? Well, does this count??

Well You DID say "Office" didn't you?? Well, here's mine. Now nominate me, damn it!!

Damn,

Now I gotta write a letter.....

---------------------------

Liz,

Oh oh.....are we close to agreeing?

From Wikipedia:

The nomination and selection process

Each year there are 100 to 250 nominees for each prize. Although anyone can be nominated, not everyone can nominate someone for a Nobel Prize. For example the website of the Nobel Foundation says that in the case of the peace prize the following people may nominate:

* Members of national assemblies and governments of states
    * Members of international courts
    * University rectors
    * Professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology
    * Directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
    * Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
    * Board members of organisations who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
    * Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee
    * Former advisers appointed by the Norwegian Nobel Institute

Similar requirements are in place for the other prizes. However, unlike many other awards, the Nobel Prize nominees are never publicly announced, and they are not supposed to be told that they were ever considered for the prize. These records are sealed for 50 years to avoid turning the awarding of the prize into a popularity contest.

What surprises me is that no one is supposed to know that you've been nominated. In other words, someone nominated dirtbag, then publicized the nomination in violation of the rules, and used the ensuing media circus to promote dirtbag's cause.

While on the subject of tookies, why is it that the only people I've ever heard of with the nickname "tookie" have been felons? Tookie Amirault, a noted child sex offender in Mass, and Tookie williams?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human

While on the subject of tookies, why is it that the only people I've ever heard of with the nickname "tookie" have been felons? Tookie Amirault, a noted child sex offender in Mass, and Tookie williams?

Hmmmm,

That's the way the Tookie crumbles???

LOLOLOL,

I can see the NPP committee getting an envelope addressed to them in crayon.....You'd have to announce something like that right off the bat....it's too funny to keep a secret.
    ------------------------------

Seriously,

How was the story treated across the ponds???

Richard i know very well who Richard Ramirez is and that is terrifying to know that monster lived down the street from you!

Quote Originally Posted by senorita02
    Richard i know very well who Richard Ramirez is and that is terrifying to know that monster lived down the street from you!
    It's a long story. He didn't live down the street! But one of his last crimes happened in Sun Valley, a town a few miles down the way.

The night before his capture I was on a date. We walked into my apartment and flipped on the TV, the announcer started in about the PD releasing his name......Ramirez, then they gave out his aliases.....Richard this, that and then my name......

I looked at my date, changed the channel and got the same thing.
    My date looked at me and left. I spent the night on the couch waiting for SWAT to crash thru the door....I was laying there with my Lhasa Apso..the PD wouldn't kill a dog lover, would they?

Nothing happened, so I went to the door to get my Los Angeles Times and there on the right hand column just above the fold is Ramirez' pic and my name among the other 3 he used as an alias.

I have since been seen in the "letters to the editor" pages and do not feel any desire to be front page news anymore!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

OMG thats crazy!
    Pretty funny you think they wouldnt kill a dog lover LOL

Tubby & Peanut's Mom: However, now not only have we implemented the death penalty again, we have killed someone who was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize - >>>>>>>>>>>

I believe Adolf Hitler was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

----<---<--<{(@