Thread: Wood pellet stove is IN !!

Wood pellet stove is IN !!

Can't recall if I posted that we were getting a wood pellet stove. It was finally installed last Thursday. ("Finally" because we ordered it the first week in September, and it's now December. Don't know about the rest of the country, but at least here in Minnesota, there is such a mad rush for them this year that they were back-ordered. Anyone ordering one NOW is looking at next July or later before it finally comes in, so we were lucky to order in September!) Anyhoo, thought I'd post pictures of it. Poor little Cleo is terrified of the thing I think it's the noise from the blower she doesn't like.

Is there such a rush because of the gas prices?

Looks super cozy! I was always used to wood heat growing up and after I got married, all we've had is electric and I FREEZE!!!

Have fun sitting by your stove . . . They get toasty!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Wood stoves & pellet stoves are a huge item in NH too (because of the oil prices). My brother in law has one in his garage and he loves it. I love the little pellets...reminds me of kitty litter.

That is a lovely stove. Just a warning though, if it's anything like it is here in NY I'd stock up on a LOT of pellets. Within a 200 mile radius of my house NO ONE has any left. They are on at least a 3 week back order probably longer. My brother ran out of pellets & now he can't find any anywhere.

I love the little pellets...reminds me of kitty litter.
    I use them as ferret & kitty litter. That is before the prices went up & they weren't scarce.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs

I use them as ferret & kitty litter. That is before the prices went up & they weren't scarce.
    I still use them as kitty litter--5 bucks for a forty pound bag. Check your local hardware store for them, that's where I get mine. Not a big chain place, just little family operation.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    I still use them as kitty litter--5 bucks for a forty pound bag. Check your local hardware store for them, that's where I get mine.
    ALL stores are out right now, hardware stores, tractor supply stores, outdoor stores, even woodpellet stove stores. Litterally everyone is out right now. They warned us a few months go though that this year there will be a major shotage of them.
    Thats ok because now that they are scarce they dropped the price on the horse stall pellet bedding from $4.99/40lb to $3.99/40lbs. The woodstove pellers were $4.25 a few months ago now when they do become avail they are going up to at least $5.50.

I warned my brother of the shortage did he listen? Thats his own fault. lol
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Thanks for the warning on the shortage of pellets. I will relay that to hubby. We did stock up, we got 500 pounds of pellets and 500 pounds of corn (it's a pellet/corn stove). But that may not be enough.

Yes, Christa, I think you're right about the rush because of rising gas/oil prices with the energy crisis -- our fireplace salesman said it got even crazier/busier after Hurricane Katrina down in LA.

Our first day using it, we had our furnace thermostat down to 65, yet the house still maintained a 73 degree temp. We have a remote-controlled thermostat within the stove so that's nice we can "slow it down" before it gets too warm. I'm looking forward to having this over the winter!

Andrea

And to think that I ran out of shorts to wear over the weekend!