Thread: Cat sounds

Cat sounds

Kiba makes weird "meows" sometimes...It's hard to explain though. It's a high-pitch meow..and it doesn't sound much like a meow...kinda like a chirp?

The other night I was playing around with Josie, and I made whimper noises...Kiba came in and made a similar noise...only she wasn't whimpering...I tried to copy her, and she came over to me and kept making the noise. When I went to pat her, she rubbed against me.

Today she did it, and I copied her again...I was still in bed, on my side...and she jumped up and snuggled into my arm (She doesn't like to snuggle..and rarely does) but she wanted me to pat her.

What does the sound mean? It's it a greeting? Or a "I'm lonely" or?? I'll see if I can get a video of her doing it...I can't explain how it sounds

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Cat sounds

I often try to imitate the sounds Groucho makes and his reactions are interesting. Sometimes he'll make the same sound again, sometimes he goes straight into lovebug mode, and at times he'll just walk away. It's not unusual for both of us to "talk" like that for awhile. More often than not, I don't know what Groucho is telling me but I am trying to figure it out. Maybe your kitty is asking for your attention and by imitating her sound, you're telling her to come snuggle for a while.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I'd love to hear that and see what it sounds like. It must be some kind of greeting or her way of saying "I love you Meowmie!".

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That sounds like a greeting to me. "I want to be near you."

With upwards of 3 talky Meezers here, I have to get used to deciphering many sounds.

Snowy has SO many different chirps, trills, calls, whines, and outright strange sounds all by himself.
    Noteworthy are the: Mag-gow....... (I want out on the patio)
    and the: high pitch Ummm..... I'm going to sleep between your heads now.
    He also has an alarm cry, it really will get your attention. But, he uses it when he has found his purple toy, and is carrying it in his mouth.

Bella has a greeting cry: OOOH....... (pronounced as in the French word for water, eau.) I say it back to her and she gets crazy affectionate.

Malfi has a sound, it may be part senility cry, as in I'm not sure who you are, until I smell you.
    It goes: A- Wow.......

Nocci, my foster, makes a whooping sound a few times a day for about a minute.

I LOVE talky cats.

Hmm...that's cool! I never thought of copying my kitty when she meows. I wonder if she'll be affectionate? Or if she'lll scratch my eyes out! ( just kidding)

yeah, try to get it on tape!

Michael has a special MRRRREEEEWWW that he only uses when I call his name.
    Our Special Signal!
    JJJ3 has his TREAT MMMEEEEOOOOW NOW!
    and the Meezers go MEEERRRRROOOOOOOOOOOO!
    And I love them all.
    Getting the Hotel ready for Guests!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Awww....that sounds adorable! It's just too funny that she normally won't snuggle, but when you made the noise she came right over and snuggled. I don't know about you, but I'd be making that noise all the time!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl