Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Our Murphy is very ill

Our Murphy is very ill

There are several here who can explain more in depth what we are dealing with right now. My heart is just broken and I hardly have the strength to describe the situation, but our Murphy (senior Lab girl) is at the end of her life and I'm doing everything in my power to keep her comfortable until Scott can get home late tonight.

I just wanted you to know why I may be absent, or short of words (very unusual for me, I know).

Please keep Murphy in your thoughts and prayers. She has lived a very long, wonderful life and we owe it to her to keep her from suffering any further.

Logan

Oh Logan, my heart goes out to you. Many hugs for you & Murphy. I wish there was something I could do or say to make it all better for you both. She sure is loved & she knows it.

May her journey to the bridge be an easy one.

{{{hugs}}}
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Logan, I'm so sorry! This is the hardest part of loving an animal!

Murphy may your journey to the bridge be short and peaceful. You are loved so very much and will take that love with you. You will be surrounded by millions of our dear animals who will watch over you and show you around.

(((HUGS))) for Murphy and the entire family.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

Kan You hold off sendin the Silver Klowd Express for Dear ole Murphy
    fur just a lil while?

Murph is ready to become a BridgeKid - she's led a Wunnerful Life down here
    onna Durt Ball wiffa Fambly ...
    but she'd really like ta say G-Bye to her Dad affore the big trip ...

Maybe You kuld Help ta rush Mr. Scott home a little bit urlee tanite.

An ask our GranMom to meet Murph at The Bridge -
    wiffa big Pockit-full of her favorite Cookies.

Safe Trip to the Bridge, Murphy!
    We're all gonna miss ya!

Thanks, God.

/s/ thePrayer Pups

Logan, my heart is breaking right now as I read this . May God be with you, Murphy and your family during this gutwrenching time. I just don't know what else to say right now... I'm at a loss
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Logan, I am so sorry. {{{Big Hugs}}} to you and Murphy. I am sure she knows how loved she is. You have always made her happy and comfortable. Have a safe trip to the bridge, sweet Murphy, we will all miss you.
    (Major LES, sorry)

I'm sorry for your impending loss. You are doing what's best for her even though it hurts you greatly. From the sounds of it she lived a very long and happy life and you will be able to treasure those happy memories even through the sadness. Godspeed Murphy. Hugs to the whole family.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you all.

Have a safe trip Murphy!

((((((((((((((((((Logan and family))))))))))))))))))))))))

Be safe Murphy dear.

Logan, I'm very sorry to hear it's time for Murphy. I know you're doing everything you can to comfort her now. May it be a consolation for you that you have spent a long and happy time together, and thay she won't be suffering.

Have a safe trip sweet Murphy, and rest in peace!

My thoughts are with you.

*Hugs*

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Logan,

I have been away from PT for a few days & just now reading about
    Murphy. I pray that Murphy is granted a peaceful passing to Rainbow
    Bridge. It is so hard to see those end days of life for our dearly loved
    friends. (((HUGS))) Liz
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reading all of your kind words brings tears to my eyes, my friends. Thank you all so much. I hope I have been able to bring a tenth of the comfort that you all have provided for me today when you have been, or will be, in the same position.

Our Murphy is comfortable right now, with her friend, Lilly, nestled beside her. We have been outside a couple of times today in the bright sunshine. I am so grateful that I knocked that wine over on my laptop on Sunday night, now....funny how things like that work out for the best, so I could be home with her. EDIT: Honey has taken Lilly's place now, bless her heart, still leaving Murphy a lot of room.

I'm trying to avoid the details of what I am dealing with, but it is not good. Dr. Robinson and I talked on the phone, earlier, and he is providing me another medication to help with nausea now, but she must eat something to get it down. He feels, as I predicted, that the mass that was found in her abdomen yesterday is obstructing her intestines. There is no need for testing at this point, because we couldn't/wouldn't do anything other than keep her comfortable.

I just want my husband to come home. I actually got angry with him this morning, for a short while, since he was gone and I was here to deal with the heartbreak and the mess (selfish thoughts on my part). Those thoughts quickly disappeared. I know he wants to be here for me and for Murphy and I will handle it until he is. He will be home late tonight, but our vet will not be back in his office until Friday morning. Bless his heart, he offered to meet us later tonight, but not knowing when Scott would arrive, I did not want to ask him to devote that time, plus, my husband might not be ready yet. We will do our best for her in the meantime. I have such an understanding boss, who knows my animals and also has suffered losses, himself. Bless his soul for helping me feel better about devoting time for Murphy. My cats and dogs have been almost strange, as if they "honor" Murphy and understand. Mimi, my senior kitty, who is already 16 years old, slept with me last night. She never does that...and I needed her to. Butter has spent the majority of his time in my lap while I was resting or at the computer. And the Goldens........bless their souls, they just surround her.

I'm so sad.......I can hardly bear it, friends. Thank you again for helping me to not be so alone.

Logan

I'm so sorry to hear about Murphy. What a wonderful life she's had though and she will carry that love with her when she crosses. I hope your hubby makes it home in time to say goodbye.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Oh Logan I am very sorry to hear about Murphy (((Hugs)))) to you and your sweet girlie

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I'm so, so sorry to hear about Murphy. Its so hard losing one of the family.
    My thoughts are with you. (((Hugs)))

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~