Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maxximum nutrition dog food

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Nova and Mandy are also very picky. I was constantly changing food because they would get tired of it. They are now on Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Fish, and they have been on it for months with no problems They don't fuss, they don't turn up their noses, they always dig in as soon as I set the bowl down! Maybe with all of the corn the food is a bit tasteless and that's why he likes the Bil Jac (less corn)?
    Be careful too though; most grocery store brands of foods will spray animal fat over their food to make it look and smell and taste appealing to the dogs lol

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    Be careful too though; most grocery store brands of foods will spray animal fat over their food to make it look and smell and taste appealing to the dogs lol
    Natural Balance isn't a grocery store food.

I don't know if Roscoe likes fish, but I do know that he loves meat - anytime I make a roast or anything like that he goes nuts! I'll try to give him a little fish and see if he likes it

no no no I wasn't referring to that food, just how you said about "taste" in general lol Most people THINK "well my dog seems to love it!" that it means its a good food but in reality the dog only thinks it smells good because of the fat they spray over the kibble

facebook

no no no I wasn't referring to that food, just how you said about "taste" in general lol Most people THINK "well my dog seems to love it!" that it means its a good food but in reality the dog only thinks it smells good because of the fat they spray over the kibble
    Aaahhh I see. Yeah, I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    Roscoe's problem is that he is very picky - he won't eat a lot of other kinds of food. LOL most dogs eat anything...not my Roscoe!
    Most pet stores offer free samples of premium foods, maybe pick up a few different samples & see what he likes?
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs
    Most pet stores offer free samples of premium foods, maybe pick up a few different samples & see what he likes?
    Really? I never noticed that before...sometimes I see someone with a booth with certain foods at Petsmart, but that's not very often. That would be a great idea, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    Really? I never noticed that before...sometimes I see someone with a booth with certain foods at Petsmart, but that's not very often. That would be a great idea, thanks!
    There are found in all different spots, sometimes at the end caps, sometimes in a display box in front of the foods, sometimes right on the shelves. So sometimes you might have to look but most pet stores have them. I don't shop that much at petsmart but they should have some, petco & all the other pet stores in my area have free samples so they should too.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs
    There are found in all different spots, sometimes at the end caps, sometimes in a display box in front of the foods, sometimes right on the shelves. So sometimes you might have to look but most pet stores have them. I don't shop that much at petsmart but they should have some, petco & all the other pet stores in my area have free samples so they should too.
    Maybe I'll try Petco - it's brand new so I have only been there once or twice. Usually I go to Petsmart, since that is what we have always had. There's a Pet Supplies Plus around here too, but it's further from the other two. Thank you so much for your help!

Also don't forget to ask the employees if they have any! I know when I worked at PetCo we'd have a box of free samples under the register.

facebook

Also don't forget to ask the employees if they have any! I know when I worked at PetCo we'd have a box of free samples under the register.
    Yup, or in the back room because some customers live by those free samples. Thanks for mentioning that!

I never knew that! Great, I'll stop tonight. Thank you so much guys!