View Poll Results: Have you ever rescued from a shelter, pound, or rescue group?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I have one that I rescued from the pound right now.

50 66.67%
  • Yes, I have rescued one before.

15 20.00%
  • No.

10 13.33%
  • No way... Too risky

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever rescued from a shelter, pound, or rescue group?

Zeke and Shadow are from the HS

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I found Pumpkin outside.So I guess I rescued her.You need another spot in that poll for rescue for outside

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_caique
    I found Pumpkin outside.So I guess I rescued her.You need another spot in that poll for rescue for outside
    I agree seeing as many of us have rescues from the streets. The vast majority of mine were either feral kittens I trapped, or ones in danger of being dumped. I have a weakness for special needs animals, and as they are not easily adoptable...those became my 'keepers'. Healthy adoptable ones I send off for adoption at Petsmart, and some of the feral cats are TNR. Really the only animal I rescued from a shelter is my very special and much loved Kirby. He was in the backroom at a kill shelter waiting with his 3 littermates for the vet to examine them. I spotted Kirby & his lovely white sister and told the staff I really wanted them, only to be looked at like I was nuts! One worker said "why do you want a deformed kitten when so many healthy ones are put down"? I told her nobody else would want them, and I already had my dear rescued RB boy Willy at the time also with "radial aplasia". I got a call a few days later asking if I still wanted Kirby. The vet (who is my vet as well) had looked the kittens over, and put in a good word for me, and Kirby became my little prince. Sadly his sister was put down as she had a runny eye. I would have taken her in a heartbeat as well. Kirby has been very healthy, and has crash pads all over the bedroom to cushion his landings.
    Who could kill this sweet faced love bug just because he's handicapped?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    All of our kitties come from shelters. I'm glad to see that no one, so far, has voted "Too Risky". What would be the risk?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Kuhio98, you have no idea how often, when I suggest people consider shelters as part of their pet search, I hear "No, animals are usually in the pound for a reason."

Yeah, they're there for a reason. That reason is typically because they are good, adoptable pets who have been horribly let down by their inadequate 'masters'.
    Happy is he who causes scandal--- Salvador Dali.

Quote Originally Posted by Allecto
    Kuhio98, you have no idea how often, when I suggest people consider shelters as part of their pet search, I hear "No, animals are usually in the pound for a reason."

Yeah, they're there for a reason. That reason is typically because they are good, adoptable pets who have been horribly let down by their inadequate 'masters'.

You couldn't have said better.

Yes! I have one that I rescued from the pound right now.
    Hi all cat lovers have a nice day. chack out my meassge Board at
    http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

Both Melani and Ethan were adopted. Melani was just a kitten, but she was the runt, and wasn't getting enough to eat. And Ethan was one of those cases where he was already full grown and had behavioral issues, and no one wanted him except us.
    If I ever get another dog or cat, I'll definately adopt again.

Kia came from a Humane Society. The cats were strays I took in.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Yes! Our INKA was found in the fields by my sister-in-law. She was very ill and exhausred. My SIL sent me an e-mail with a picture of Inka, with the question: "YOU WANNA CAT ??" We thought about it for a minute, and told her: YES!!.

MAYA was rescued by a local shelter. When Our dear Sydney passed away, we went there to look for a cat. That's how Maya found us!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Yes. All of my dogs have been rescues.

Chinook (female Samoyed) - adopted from Saskatoon SPCA.
    Wolfgang (male Golden Retriever x Gordon Setter) - adopted from a military family who was going overseas.
    Mickey (male Border Collie x) - rescued from death row at a pound, just hours before he was schedule to be PTS.
    Molly (female Border Collie) - adopted from Winnipeg Animal Services.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

All of our pets have been rescued, but usally from the streets. We did save one from a shelter, and I forgot about that, so I put no.

i'm rescuing 2 soon!

Yes.I rescued my Akita Kujo from animal control.He was there for 3 weeks and was due to be put to sleep on the 4th week only because he was an Akita.Luckily I got there on the 3rd week and let me tell you,of all the Akita's I've had he's the most loyal loving and greatful one I've ever owned.

Both of mine came from rescues, both were picked up as strays and taken to kill shelters. Sierra was pulled by a rescue and I pulled Buddy myself from the kill shelter after a friend of mine saw him on Petfinder. While I was filling out his paper work a GSD rescue called the shelter asking if they could come and get him!
    I will always rescue and or rescue.
    I feel it makes them more special when they have a story!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome