Thread: Next Wednesday....

Next Wednesday....

I drop off Flutter next Wednesday night for amputation surgery Thursday. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. I feel like I failed her somehow. I know its going to hurt, and I know she doesn't deserve to hurt.

Of course I know that now she will never have the pain she has with the half leg. She won't be bumping it and cutting it open. She might actually get around better because she won't be hitting the bone. Bone pain is awful, so I hope she knows this is for her own welfare. Still, I can't help but feel guilty and sad.

I have one week to take a million photos of her little half leg, so that I have a memory of what it looks like.

OH MY GOD! I would be a basket case and cry like a baby every time I looked at her and soaking her fur with my tears several times a day! I know you are so outdone and worried and I would be too!

BUT, we all KNOW she will do well once healed and have a better life because of it. This is one of those things you wish you didn't have to do but know you DO to improve her life and save her further pain and problems. I know without a doubt that all of us PT'ers will keep her in our prayers. Be strong and keep the faith! Trust in God and he will see you through this. Kiss Flutter for me!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Catnapper,

I know how you must feel. But take comfort in knowing that once the amputation is done and she's healed, she'll be MUCH better off and won't know that she's a special needs kitty.

(((((HUGS))))))))))) and prayers to you both.

Love,

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Next Wednesday

Yes I can relate to your feelings due to my Yardleigh had a half leg that had to be amputated & now she does just great.. I dont feel that you have failed Flutter due to you have given her so much of your Love & Heart.. Hang in there & Flutter will be fine..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Now, now, mom, Flutter will be fine. And we all know she'll still make everyone's heart flutter anyway.

Oh my, I can only imagine how you must feel with her having to go through this. But you must know that you have NOT failed her. You have given her so much love and she knows that whatever happens that love will always be there. She knows this... she just isn't able to tell you this with human words. You will give her so much love after the surgery and she will heal quickly. Warm thoughts and many prayers coming your way for both you and Flutter.

Thoughts and prayers are with flutter.Hope the little one has a speedy recovery.You may feel hurt and guilty now,but soon you will come to terms with it.You are doing the best thing.Hang in there.

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

Don't you dare feel you have failed Flutter! Just look at her - she's a happy, well adjusted, gorgeous girl cat. You are allowing her to live a carefree life with her family. She has no idea she is different than the rest.

And she's not different - she just happens to have one less leg.

Please don't beat yourself up over Flutter; she is so lucky she is with you! She knows you wouldn't hurt her intentionally, it is for her own good and for the better.

Yes, she will have pain, but it will go away and she will be much improved and bouncing around soon.

I would cry, too, make no mistake!

(((((Hugs))))) to both of you.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

The Pet Talker Angels rae going to arrange for there to be 24/7 visits to Flutter,while she is in the Hospital.And we pray that this surgery will give her the life,that she deserves to live.
    Bless you for helping Flutter lead as normal a life,as she can.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Please don't feel that you have failed her. You have done everything possible, and now you are doing for her the only possible thing to make her life better in the future. She loves you and know you only have her best interest at heart. It is difficult, but once she is through it she will be so much better off.

((Hugs)) to both of you.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Next Wednesday

Flutter has always been a special little girl I fell for her the very first time her picture was on PT. You haven't failed her or let her down, not by a longshot! In the time Flutter has been with you, EVERYTHING has been tried to help her leg. Who among us will ever forget her rainbow of casts? Sure this is scary for both of you. Flutter knows that she's loved and she knows she can trust you. If not for you, what would her condition be today? Would she have come this far? A lot of great people are on your side here and confident that the surgery will go well for our little Flutter girl. Give her a lot of extra huggies and smoochies... you did great!!!!!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Little Madame Flutter By will feel sooooo much better after her limb is gone. Impy (the resident bad boy) was born with half a hind leg. After trying to allow it time to heal, which it never did because when I took him in he had been outdoors, I decided it best for it to be amputated. He healed up very quickly, and once in a while will use his remaining hind leg as a pivot and wildly spin in circles after his tail. Flutter will feel sore for a while, but nothing compared to her bone clunking against surfaces when she uses it.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

HOW could you possibly feel that you failed Flutter?

She needs this operation in order to have an even BETTER life. I know, the surgery itself is very scary. And the recovery period will probably seem like it takes forever. But in reality, this is just a tiny part of her long healthy life to come.

{{{{HUGS}}}} to you and Flutter.

Once the surgery is over Flutter will be on her way to a pain-free life, and she will adapt so quickly!!!

(((HUGS))) to you Kim - it's understandable that you are upset, but this is a new beginning for Flutter, made possible by YOUR care and love!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.