Thread: I love rats! Do you?

I love rats! Do you?

Hello everyone! I am new here and I just wanted to post something about my favorite animals... rats! Yup, that's right!

Did you know that rats are cleaner than an average pet dog? They "wash" themselves upto 8 times a day!!!

Rats make very good pets, because they are very social and just love humans! If you are thinking about getting a rat, you'll want to get at lest two! Why? Because one rat, alone, can get very lonely and bored; which is not good! Having two or more rats provides each rat with a friend, playmate, and a grooming partner.

Most people hate rats, because of their tails! But, think about it this way, it's just skin, like we have covering our whole body!

I have added some links to a couple very good, informative "rattie" websites. They provide very good information on care, health, cages, food, and more!
    Http://www.ratpalace.com
    Http://www.petratscanada.com
    Http://www.dapper.com/au
    Http://www.rmca.org
    Http://www.geocities.com/suebee277/rat
    Http://www.rattyrat.com

These are just a few of the wonderful "rattie" sites out there!

If you love rats as pets, tell me! I would really like to meet someone that enjoys rats, like me!
    *No matter what you look like, your pet(s) will still love you!*

Welcome to pet talk Rattie, Im sure you will enjoy the site, I dont have rats but I think they are nice animals. There are a few new people here who have rats so I am sure you with be able to exchange advice.

Thanks!

Thanks fo replying to my post! I appreciate it! I am glad your into rats - you should really get some! :-)

I used to keep hamster when I was teenager, now I have my hands full with the 2 cats and 4 rabbits. My mum bun gave birth to 6 in November. I kept 3 and of course bunny the rabbit pictured here on the left. I have vowed not to have anymore pets for a while as my hands are full. Saying that I have 9 animals here at the moment, 6 of my own and the 2 simease and 1 dog I am taking care of as I am a pet sitter.

Rattie tell us about your rats and any other pets you have.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome to Pet Talk! I can't honestly say that I love rats. In fact, I think I'm scared of them!!!! But I would love to hear about yours and see pictures! You seem like a very informed and caring Pet Mom! Just like the rest of us here at Pet Talk! Well except for the Pet Dad's of course!!

My name is Jennifer and I am the proud owner of Duncan the black dog in the pic that I adopted at 6 months old in July of last year.

LOL, us country folk eat rats, didn't ya know? JUST KIDDING! I wanted a gerbil and a hamster one time, but my mom won't let me get anything that reminds her of your typical house mouse. So rats are DEFINATELY out of the question. Hehehe....but, I have two bunnies and a dog.

I am glad you responded! Thanks! My name is Jennifer too!
    Rats make wonderful pets - and yes - I do know ALOT about them!
    Sorry, but I don't have any pics of them at this moment, but I am working on it!

Rats are so great, I don't get it when people freak out about them - it's kinda stupid! Lol!
    Tell people who don't like rats to check out those rattie sites I posted, they have tons of cute pics and great info!

Ha!

Ha! I KNEW that there were more rat loving freaks out there other than just me!

Rats do make wonderful pets. I have a couple treads around here somewhere for my new baby Zaphod Beeblebrox. He is my second rat and I love him dearly (in fact I just got back from a 50 dollar vet visit to clear up his respitory tract).

I've only had him for a week but he already rides around on my shoulder and snuggles with my boyfriend while he works at the computer.

Let me know when you have pics. If it one thing I love it is picture of other people's babies. You can find pics of Zaphod at his web page:

http://members.tripod.com/Balme/Zaphod.html

Cheers,
    Tigeress
    No matter what happens at least my pets still love me.

Make a fast friend -Adopt a Greyound!!

Re: Ha!

Yes! More rat-loving people out there! I can't beleive it! I own 4 rats: Butterbun, Poprocks, Anakin, and Naboo. Unfortunately, they do not have a website yet! (Since we are planning on getting photo's, we might make one then!)
    Have you took a look at http://www.ratpalace.com
    It has a forum, with a ton of rattie lovers, like us!