Thread: Cats and Lottery Tickets

Cats and Lottery Tickets

We play the National Lottery somewhat religiously and I'm sure are not the only ones to, for luck get the furries to kiss the tickets, or wet nosie rubs, pawsie rubs etc. etc.... We dream of the gifts they would have.......diamond collars from Harrods and the finest accessories, whole rooms full of cat towers etc. etc. (all of which I'm sure they would ignore and prefer to play with a newspaper or the like - but they would be entitled to choose of course!! )

Don't you dream of where you would move to and the lovely house they would have to run around in and all the time you could spend cuddling in as of course work would be immediately given the heave-ho. Our destination of choice would be the Isle of Wight (a small island off the South Coast of England) which is a fabulous and picturesque place, the pace of life is practically non-existent and well, I can't rant on enough about how we love it there. There's just something about an island in my mind. there would be plenty of nice munchy micies and birdies too!

anyway, in anticipation of tomorrow night's draw, here's the proof that we are destined (one day) to have the winning numbers. Check out the map of the island, and check the big grey splodge on max's nose. That boy is our lucky, lucky lottery mascot:

Max's nosie... (kiss, kiss)

Isle of Wight:-

SEE WHAT I MEAN???

When we receive the cheque Max, Candy and Tom promise to immediately despatch boxes of treats and goodies to their pals worldwide, and in particular to The Found Cats a fabulous fence and a box of leaves and dirt from the garden (HEHe). sshhhh - that's a private joke, they'll understand what we mean In the absence of a win however, we are still blessed in many ways, so not to worry....

.....It's Friday and I'm in a nonsense mood - nearly the weekend!! We are making our Christmas cake this weekend so no doubt, many kitty hairs to add to all the fruity goodness )

laura.
    Laura

The Found Cats and I certainly appreciate that you are thinking of us,and will immediately start Our Prayers,that you can pick just the Right Numbers.
    Our Dad buys tickets once in a while,and a Box Full of Cat Nip Mice and Treats will come your way,if our ship comes in.
    So far the Gravy Train keeps missing the Found Cat Hotel.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My dream for IF I should ever win would be to set up and open a Shelter For Strays where we would take in all homeless kitties and give them a home there for life and to donate $$$ to help all the PT'ers who do all they can to TNR or foster or help kitties. The Found Cats would have a brand new Hotel... but we would also have to buy the one they are found at since the word is out that is where to go already. If it is a LARGE lottery, I would set up funds to send the less privilaged to vet school with the aggrement that they have to donate so much of their time to help the poor, homeless and the lost kitties and set up a free spay/neuter program for all cats and dogs.

Of coarse I would retire and take care of all the strays at my shelter.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh I dream of winning the lottery too. And while I definitely would help out people, family, etc. with lottery winnings, I've always known I would donate a big part of it to help kitties and doggies and other animals -- far more than I would spend on myself!

I too play the lottery on occasion (mostly powerball) and I always rub the ticket on Abby's fluffy belly
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright