Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor Mandy...

Get Feeling Better Mandy!

Annette, I'm sorry I didn't see this before. Wow having a rough time lately, poor babies . I'm glad to hear a good update though. Mandy is in my thoughts, both your girls are! Sending hugs and kisses to them and wags and kisses from T&T.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

We will keep the postive thougts going for our favorite ChocolatePuppy.

uti's

Our lab mix female has constant symptoms of uti. Though the last time a different vet at the same clinic diagnosed vaginitis instead of uti. Our mix is spayed but they suggest a nip and tuck down there because urine pools in the loose skin around that area. Something to suggest to your vet. Also the vet did a vaginal swab and cultured it to find the right antibiotic, which turned out to be Cipro Hope this may help.

*update* on Mandy: When I got home from work yesterday, Mandy was a mess. She had rubbed her snout almost raw and chewed a spot on her tail. We have her on a prescription antihistamine now for her allergies. I was suppose to give her one in the a.m. to start. At 4:00 a.m. I thought I gave her one, I found the pill in the peanut butter jar when I went to give her her antibiotic. (I give her peanut butter on bread to give her her pills) That means she has had no anti itch help for over 24 hours but she's doing fine, no chewing or scratching. It could be because of the colder weather. Last Friday when it was colder she had a good day then too. So I started her on the pills, just to be safe.
    I hope this is the end of it for her, she has been miserable for quite awhile. The skin infection seems to be gone, it's seems to be her allergies we're dealing with now.
    Thanks again to everyone who has kept Mandy in their thoughts and prayers. It means the world to me. And Mandy thanks you too.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Mandy sure has gone through alot here lately. I sure hope the allergies clear up. hugs to you and Mandy.

Poor Mandy As Tia mentioned, your girl has had a lot to deal with recently Sending lots of love and healing prayers her way.

Love,
    Sandra

I hope she's better. Keep us updated.

Mandy is doing well with the medication she is on.(Temaril-P) The last few days she hasn't scratched or chewed on herself at all. At first she was on 3 pills twice a day (due to her size) but was drinking and peeing way too much (a side effect) We have her on 2 pills twice a day until next Monday. Then we go to 1 pill twice a day for a week. Hopefully she'll be all better then or we'll need to find the cause of her itching.
    Also, she is experiencing a false pregnancy again. The poor thing, it's one thing after another.
    Thanks again for all thoughts and prayers, I'm praying so hard to God and St. Francis that this is seasonal allergies and she will be better. She seems so much better now, playing with her stuffies and romping around, she just has to be better!
    Forever in my heart...

Awww. Feel better Mandy

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

*update* Well, Mandy was doing so well on her meds, then she was done with them Monday night. Things were going good and when I came home at lunch to check on her today she was a mess! Her eyes were all puffy and she had rubbed them almost to bleeding around them. So back to the vets after work and back on some meds. Antihistamines to start, if they don't work I also have more Temoral-P she can get started on right away. The vet realizes this is a holiday weekend and we're not taking any chances.
    I put some neosporin around her eyes at lunchtime and went back to work in tears. Lord I hope she's better again soon. The vet says she may have to stay on something permanantly. I don't care, I just want my baby to feel okay!
    Please keep her in your prayers!
    Forever in my heart...

the poor sweetie. She and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    (((Annette))) (((Mandy))) Please keep me updated on her.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Just kind of guessing here but do you think it might be something in her surroundings or food that's causing the problem? Maybe instead of suppressing the symptoms maybe it's something in your dog's surroundings like a carpet cleaner.That would come into contact with her fur, and she'd sit on it and it would irritate her bottom and the residue would irritate her eyes. Or maybe it's something else- some cleaner or spray or something in her food. Do you give her treats? Some of those things, don't know what's in them , but those commercial treats have made more than one dog allergic to them. Maybe get away from commercial pet food completely and don't use any sprays or cleaners, some carry through the air and get inhaled and can cause problems and allergic reactions.And some dogs are allergic to the grains that are in the pet food or the corn.

solares... Mandy has had allergies since she was a puppy. On and off. The vet feels certain it is inhaled allergies. Having researced it, I agree. I am very careful with cleaners as I have two dogs and two cats. It usually starts in the fall, possibly seasonal, and is now lingering probably due to house dust and the furnace blowing it around. Thanks for your suggestions.
    Forever in my heart...

Good luck with the sweetie.

With all of the issues you're dealing with I'd suggest spending $100-$200 for allergy tests to find out exactly what is causing it.

Hope she gets better & stays better!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.