Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
Sometimes he goes in the same general area, but not always. Nothing new to him (well, we've only had him for 5 1/2 months, so I guess in a sense the whole house is new ). He doesn't have access to the outside when we are gone, but he mostly pees during the night when we are asleep. This morning, I let him out at around 6:30, and when my husband left for work at 7:30 he found pee. It was not there when I let him out because I would've walked right through it. I don't know if he was ever crate trained before, which is why I'm a little nervous to start now.

Do you go out with him or do you just let him out?

I'd start potty training all over, just like he's an 8 week old puppy. Limit his water (take it up about 1-2 hours before bedtime and anytime you leave him alone for more than a few hours). ALWAYS go outside with him & keep him on a lead. Tell him to "potty" or whatever command you want to use. Ignore him until he goes potty. Once he goes potty praise, priase, praise! Once he goes potty you can let him off lead if thats what he's used to. Let him out about hour or so during the day when ever you can. Let him out very first thing in the morning & right before you go to bed.

Clean the areas that he has peed on with natures miracle or another pet odor neutralizer REALLY well.
If he has a favorite area in the house where he pees you can try putting his food there, or his bed. Any important possesion of his, he shouldn't eliminate where he eats, drinks, sleeps etc..