Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a "special" kitty?

Do you have a "special" kitty?

What I mean by "special" is odd and quirky. My special kitty is Rumor. She has several nicknames around here because of her "specialness" like FruitCup and Bull (she charges everthing head first).

Whenever I open the dishwasher door or the oven door she comes running to get under it. We can't keep plastic bags out because she tries to eat them. Any time another cat tries to use the scratching post she charges the post and knocks it over. Another "special" thing she does is lick my decorative goose sitting on the fireplace hearth. She loves to drag things around the house to different spots like her blanket, feather toy and a rope she found. She also loves to lick socked feet.

She prefers to be fed by me throwing the pieces of food one at a time across the kitchen floor for her to chase. She stops them with one paw and swipes them up to her mouth and eats from her paw. It's adorable but odd and she cries if I don't do it for her.

There are more things but this gives you an idea. I'm just wondering if anyone else has a "special" fruitcup kitty.

Here's a couple pictures of the little FruitCup dragging her blanket around.

From Decker with Love

I guess My Special Cat would be Juke Joint Joseph,whose mania for Whiskas Temptations knows no bounds.
    He will do anything for them,beg steal ,anything to have his treats. If I say the word Treats he will materialize,as though Scottie beamed him up.
    My Friend Joseph.

Joseph,TREATS!
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

All my cats have personal quirks....

But Pookha as a kitten became attached to sleeping on a piece of fabric (gold tissue lame). He is now seven and the fabric has been washed many times... He too moves it around and is quite upset if another cat, but his favorite friend (Futzy), dares to touch it.

Belladonna who was bottle raised (one of my student brought he in half dead and only a week old) has the worst vocabulary. The others all decided, I guess, that I finally had a kitten. The toms spoiled her rotten and the females (all the cats are fixed) deferred to her as the baby of the oldest "cat".... she is this long haired grey and white cat thatlooks as if she should be sitting on a silken pillow, but she is hell on wheels. She climbs in the cockatoo cage to steal the bird-kibble, she snarls at people who come to the door and at the vet it takes two techs to hold her down. But when it thunders she has to be under the covers and touching my skin or she cries and shivers....

Certainly! I think Allen is my only "normal" cat of the bunch!

Pouncer is clutsy... I've never seen such a clumsy cat! We all know about his escapades of breaking his feet. Only one paw left to break, then I'm sure he'll start all over again

Abby is a little twinkle toes. You have to be here to watch her -- she flits here and there on his tippy toes and just rushes around like she's soooo very busy. I have no idea what is on her agenda, but she is fun to watch! Jen called her a chipmunk - she looks like one and flits around like one!

Harry.... wow, Harry, what can I say about my dude? He's ALWAYS hungry. No matter if he just ate a whole can of food, he wants more. and he likes to destroy things. Its fun to shred paper.... well, at least he thinks so.

Flutter.... my little squeaker. She cries and squeaks to be picked up and loved, but when you do, she squirms and squeaks to be let down again

My RB Keke was an unusual girl. To wake me up mornings she used to jump up at the foot of the bed, lower her head like a bull, and march toward me until she rammed into my face.

She also had trouble walking under the coffee table--inevitably, she'd bump her head. I finally decided that she must not have realized that her head extended above her eyes.

She's been gone for 12 years, and I still miss that silly tabby.

Aren't all kitties "special" in their own wierd ways? LOL

Brodie is VERY special! He has to go lick the bath tub faucet every time someone takes a shower. He carries empty tape rolls around and stashes them under the TV stand when he's done playing with them. He loves to lay on paper. If there's paper anywhere, he'll lay on it. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, he tries to answer the phone too! Every time the phone rings, he runs into the living room as fast as he can, like he's running to answer it.

Josie is special in her own way. I think the most special thing about her is her voice. I swear sometimes that she is talking to me. She can almost change the pitch of her meow and makes it sound like she's trying to talk. Very special kitty. Besides that, Josie has this "special" talent of burrowing. She burrows under rugs, into blankets . . . and for some reason, she thinks that she can dig her way out of a closed door. She is also very fasinated by her shadow. She chases it all the time, especially on the hardwood floors.

BTW, Lori, that is too cute of Rumor carrying that blanket around. Josie does the same thing with her feather stick and her brown mouse.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Lizzie and Robbie are....uhm... special

Robbie and Lizzie are....uhm....special.

Both are special because they still *nurse* on their sucky. Well, it is just a fleece bed but they both have suckled on it since they were babies. They are now in their 3rd size larger and they must suckle before each nap.

Lizzie:
    When she finishes her "nursing", she picks her head up and has a glazed over look that makes me think she is half asleep, but she continues to *suckle* the air with her tongue. The look is....well, you'd have to see it. It's pretty hysterical.

Robbie is the most special:
    If he gets tired, he cries. He cries until someone picks him up and takes him to his sucky so he can go to sleep - just like a tired baby...

He likes to be spanked. He most likes his spanking while laying over the shoulder of his hooman.

He has no usual cat grace. He is not capable of walking across a surface without knocking over numerous objects. He just cannot do it.

If he is told no or made to feel mad in any way - he has a tantrum. The tantrums involve running headfirst into objects...like a bull.

We think Robbie and Lizzie may have been made special while gestating in his mother's womb - she lived on trash in a park

Missy calls them dork, nerd and weirdo. Meowmie calls them special.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    We think Robbie and Lizzie may have been made special while gestating in his mother's womb - she lived on trash in a park
    Only slightly, most of their gestation was spent in my loving home, remember?

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

LOL! Yes I agree Christa that all cats are "special" in their own odd ways. All my kitties have their own strange little hang ups.

One thing about Rumor is she is like Robbie and Pouncer - clutzy. Richard says he is going to get her a little custom made helmet so she doesn't get a brain injury.

CatsinDenver - I think Rumor must be related to your RB Keke. The way she woke you up and hit her head on the coffee table sounds just like my little FruitCup.

Debbie - it sounds to me like you have two big babies. How sweet!

From Decker with Love

This is a great thread!

Shadow is my "bat cat" in that he likes to run and jump at things. I think he needs leotards and a cape and he'd be all set to be our next super-hero!! He'll have to practice a bit more, though, because he often misses things or misjudges things, and goes "kerplop" onto the floor or into the wall or door, etc.! He also likes to lay on my newspaper whenever I try to read it. He can be nowhere in sight, and as soon as I get the newspaper, he appears, right in the middle of it!

Angel loves to play fetch, and drink water directly from the kitchen faucet. She'll also help anyone who is just getting out of the shower "dry off", and often licks my son's hair when it is wet when he is sitting in the recliner after he's taken a shower. She likes to "fight" with US, and will initiate it.

Annie is so silly! She is often attacking Shadow, who is twice her size, and then yowling and growling up a storm when he wrestles with her. She loves chasing anything that moves, and likes to pick up toys and carry them from room to room. She is the only one of my three kitties who crawls UNDER our covers at night, and sleeps near our feet! She is the most vocal of our three kitties, too. She is so funny!

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kuhio was our "special" kitty. Now, I'm not making fun of my little girl ~ or speaking ill of the dearly departed ~ but Kuhio spent 17 years trying to open cabinet doors by scratching at the hinges. She just NEVER figured it out.
    Mirrors confused her too. She once mistook one for a window and tried to jump through it. SMACK! Poor baby, we tried not to laugh at her so we wouldn't hurt her feelings.
    Yes, Kuhio got by on her looks -- not her brains.

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

My RB Daisy LOVED to "IBM" any paper that way laying around. (this was in the '80s, when computers punched out little holes in paper, that's why we called it "IBM'ing") NOTHING was safe, newspaper, letters, magazines,the girls' homework, even playing cards. My husband learned, finally, to put away papers that he needed after she peppered them with toothmarks!

Binky is enthralled with troll dolls. It must be the fuzzy hair, but he drags his two 'dollies' around by the hair and presents them to us with a loud 'meow' when he's 'killed' them! Sometimes we'll hear him at night, throwing them around in the kitchen on the hard floor. Strange boy. And, he likes gnawing on doorknobs and cabinet knobs. We had to replace any wooden knobs with ceramic or metal.

Since Jeff replaced the ball-type knobs with the lever, Binky is not a happy boy. Can't chew those babies!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Out of all of my cats I would have to say that Tigger is the "special" one. To me her silliest quirk is when I get a fresh perm, she will follow me all over the house until I finally sit or lay down, then she procedes to scoop up as much hair as possible and then try to eat it.

She also on a daily basis runs through the house and jump up on the archways in the halls and will hang upside down for about 30 seconds or more. I swear when she does this she sould have been a monkey and not a cat.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

What first came to my mind was my potty pal, Giz and how she HAS to go in the bathroom with anybody who has to go. She jumps in the tub and want you to talk and play with her while you are doing your "business" and this is about the only time she ever gets verbal. It is like we hold full conversations during this time. I usually keep several toys in the bathroom to throw in the tub for her during this time. The second is the "undercover game" when I try to make the bed. Everyone knows that game, right?

Amy's 2 cutiest things she does is the feather on the stick grab and run and when she falls in her food... With her CH, seeing her run with that cute gait she has, dragging that feather on a wand thing between her back legs is just so darn funny and something you would have to see to apperciate how funny it is. On bad days when she has trouble standing and falls in her food bowl, spilling it everywhere, she eats EVERY piece of it off of the floor.... determined that Meowmie will not have to clean up after her, she CAN do it herself! That is the only times she eats all of her food without a break.. I forgot to mention that look she gets on her face when she is working it out in her head how to overcome a obstical she is trying to overcome and that look of pride and satisfaction when she has accomplished her goal. That is PRICELESS!

Chesters thing is the protector role he plays with all his sisters and how he trys to keep peace when there is a dissagreement between them. He will get inbetween them and sit there and stare at the one being aggresive and poke his chest out to show what a macho dude cat he is. The oddest thing he does is when treats are given out. He is always the last to come get them and he will sit in front of his and wait for his sisters to eat theirs and sit and watch while they run over and eat HIS. He loves his sisters more than he loves treats?

Samantha? She just plays and plays and plays! While everyone else is doing the daily afternoon nap, she is up and playing like a kitten. She jumps high, flips and all sorts of things in playing and is a real playful girl for her age.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    LOL Lori!!! Only a houseful! As far as "quirky" cats go, Chip is my paws down favorite....but don't tell any of the others! He's not special needs, but is the nuttiest cat I've ever had. He has non-stop games he likes playing with me such as racing me up the stairs. I start up and try to run, and Chip pauses at the bottom until I'm about halfway up, and then goes racing by me chortling! HE CHEATS I tell him...and he gurgles and meows more lol! He loves playing 'quirrel" on the sisal rope wrapped pole in the cellar. He loves to cling to it and have me tell him he's the best (s)quirrel all the while playing peek-a-boo from side to side lol! He's a black Siamese and the wackiest one in the house! He's got to be at least 10 now, but is stuck in chronic kitten mode. GGRrrrrWWWhhaaaLLL?? BBrrawwwll?? Potty rolling time? There's not a day that goes by that Chip doesn't crack me up with his antics.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~