Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People make such rude comments!

People make such rude comments!

My mom and i took Kodie & Lucy to Petsmart to get a few things.We were waiting at the end of a isle,trying to figure out where the treats were .Anyways, a teenage girl(mabye 15),and 3 other girls were walking 2 puppies(they were there for adoption).Kodie was standing there WAGING his tail,and the teenage girl says "Keep them away from BIG dogs",and it directed towards me and Kodie.That comment made me so mad! Obviously if Kodie was dog-on-dog aggressive,we wouldnt take him to Petsmart.Just the way she said it made me really mad,and she made it sound like all larger dogs are mean or something .I gave her a look and just ignored her.And like 2 minutes later he was playing with a Westie.And he was enjoying the attention from other people too.

doesnt he look mean!?

I've seen LOTS of (stupid) people do that, saying "oh, that dog is too big for you to play with". Small dogs need to interact with the big dogs, too, and vice versa. A lot of people are really rude about it.

WOAH! KEEP HIM AWAY FROM MICKEY. LIKE, TOTALLY.

Jk. Some people are stupid..... It makes me angry. Little dogs can be just as agressive as big dogs. Two JRT's attacked Mickey at the park once. And a little Poodle tried to eat him at Petland once. lol....

I run into more aggressive small dogs than large dogs. He loved the Wesite though .The westies owner was very nice,and i wish more dog owners were like him!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy101
    I run into more aggressive small dogs than large dogs.
    Same. I honestly think they try to make up for their size.

Some people! To tell you the truth, I have never met an aggressive larger dog, all the aggressive dogs are little that I come across. I know, in my instince that Boo boo is VERY aggressive, and he's only about a foot tall, and he is on the aggressive dog list for our city But Maggie and Autumn are as gentle as can be.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Some people are just big pains in the butt. Ignore them, they don't know what they are missing.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

8. Oh yes.. very scary looking.

thankifuly that not all people are like that.

Aw poor Kodie! Don't be mad. People are stupid. I wish Sassy would play with Kodie in front of that girl and show her shes just being stupid. Lol, Sassy would be to scared though. Anyway, don't worry.

he would love to meet all the pt doggies!I'm so thankfull not everyone is like that,most people that meet him love him anyways. I'm not going to worry about a comment like that,that girl doesnt know him so she shouldnt come to conclusions..well no one should.Poor Kodie wanted to meet the pups too

Also, she is missing out on that. She is socializing the puppies wrong. Puppies need to meet big dogs so they won't be scared of them when they are older. that was a good oppurtunity! she missed it lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    Also, she is missing out on that. She is socializing the puppies wrong. Puppies need to meet big dogs so they won't be scared of them when they are older. that was a good oppurtunity! she missed it lol!
    exactly.Thats what my mom said!Dogs need socialization!

Don't worry about them, you should see how quickly parents pull away their kids when their answer to "what breed is he?" includes pit bull.

Niņo & Eliza

Hey, she may have know the pups were afraid of big dogs, or that they would attack him - you never know.

I should bring Bijou into the pet supply store more often, but I don't because she is so...energetic, lol! At home, she loves (loves!) our kitties and plays with them constantly...the smallest one is 6 lbs. She would adore playing with a "real" puppy or making friends with doggies at the pet store, but at this point, I would probably do my best to keep Bijou away from any "adoptables" because of her tendency to be very "jumpy" and active in her play. I'm guessing the rescue/shelter folks were just trying to be protective, I'm so sorry your feelings were hurt. I know when the groomers say, "oh, don't be such a crazy girl!" to my Bijou, it makes me feel a bit awkward...she's young, she's an energetic breed and she's always ready to play, she's not "crazy!" Ah well...at least I have our local dog park where Bijou can just be herself with whatever other puppers happen to be there!