Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!! I need women/teenage girl advise!!

Help!! I need women/teenage girl advise!!

I KEEP ON CUTTING MYSELF. NO IT NOT LIKE YOU THINK, I'M NOT CUTTING MYSELF ON PURPOSE. eVERYTIME I SHAVE MY UNDER ARMS, I ALWAYS GET A NASTY CUT. I AM CURRENTLY USING SKINTIMATE WATERMELON SHAVE GEL, AND VENUS RAZORS. I TALKED TO ONE OF MY FREINDS AND SHE TOLD ME NOT TO SHAVE, AND THEN TRY A COUPLE DAYS LATER, I DID I GOT A EVEN WORSE CUT, EVEN IF THE RAZOR IS DULL I STILL GET A NASTY CUT. I AM CURRENTLY USING DOVE SENSITIVE SKIN DEODERANT AND THAT'S ALSO NOT WORKING, I DON'T WANT TO END UP NOT SHAVING AT ALL. THE WEIRD PART IS I NEVER GET CUTS WHEN I SHAVE MY LEGS. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Try a different deoderant, one that mosturizes your skin!! I know the new line of Dove deoderants are wonderful for this!

facebook

thats what i am using.
    T.j (english setter)

Ah poop sorry I missed that. It's a little hard to read since its in all-caps

facebook

oh sorry i always do that on accsident.
    T.j (english setter)

I had problems with that for YEARS. I finally started using the Schick Intuition razor -- the one with the soap attatched to the razor -- and I use the sensitive skin variety (not the normal one, that one made it worse for me). I also shave my underarms EVERY DAY, because if I quit for even one day I cut myself and get razor burn. The razor burn hasn't completely gone away but it's a LOT better than when I first started shaving.

Oh another suggestion I just thought of - perhaps instead of shaving down, first shave up (WITH the hair) and then down (against it). This might help. This helps me soemtimes when I haven't shaved my legs in awhile

facebook

ohh ok i will have to buy what sarah said and then try that thanks guys, any other suggestion would be great too. I hate having razor cuts
    T.j (english setter)

Have you tried exfoliating? Maybe you could get an exfoliating scrub, and scrub your armpits to get the dead skin off. Also, make sure your armpits stay wet for at least 15min before you shave, and that your not doing it right when you wake up. Your skin is puffy when you first wake up.

They also make anti-razor burn stuff for bikini zones, I'm sure it would work similar for armpits. I can't offer more than that, I don't get very much razor burn, for some odd reason.

thanks, that also helps alot.
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    Oh another suggestion I just thought of - perhaps instead of shaving down, first shave up (WITH the hair) and then down (against it). This might help. This helps me soemtimes when I haven't shaved my legs in awhile
    Actually, as far as I know, the hair under your arms grow in all different directions. So this method wouldn't work (unless if I'm wrong).

You are far more likely to cut yourself with a dull razor than a sharp one. This is true of knives as well as razors. I also always shave with no cream or gell so I can see what I'm doing. I have incredibly sensitive skin, so have to be careful even with what unscented deodorant I use - I'm even allergic to some "unscented" ones, so I am very careful about what does or doesn;t touch my skin there. A sharp new razor is far safer.

ugh I hate that! I get the worst razor burn under my arm pits. I've been using razorless shaver and shave cream. It works wonders but I still shave my legs the regular way.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

oh thanks karen!! I had no idea!!! i will have to tell my mom that too, because thats, what she always does is use the dull.
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Actually, as far as I know, the hair under your arms grow in all different directions. So this method wouldn't work (unless if I'm wrong).
    Yes and no -- but I do know for me that most of it grows in one direction. If you look carefully you will be able to tell which direction its growing in and shave in that direction first.

facebook