Thread: My dog is a biting one

My dog is a biting one

My dog is a Maltese and a purebred one. She is sort of aggresive. When you put your face in her face she tries to bite. I mean my friends say its a play bite. I don't think so. I mean she broke the skin once! I am REALLY worried that if I take her on a walk she'll bite a kid hard when they come running up to see her. She is great with my whole family. Is there anyway to train her to stop without using a muzzle?

Putting your face right into her face is a sign of dominance, especially if you're staring straight at her eyes too. So I'd stop doing that. I'd try getting her use to having your face next to hers in a positive way.

Get some peanut butter and put some on your finger. While she's licking it off your finger, gently rest your head next to hers. Do all this from the side of her body, not straight on in her face, like you were doing before. She'll quickly start to associate your face next to hers as a good thing.

Another thing you can do is actually put a lil' peanut butter on your cheek and give her a command, like "Give me a Kiss" and let her lick if off.

All of this will get her use to having her face near yours and think of it as non-threatening.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Those are great ideas!!!

never look straight into her eyes in a hard stare unless you are correcting her. most dogs will bite if you put your face into theirs. i recommened everything parnone said.
    good luck!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Thanks guys

The next time she bites you or a friend, whether playign or aggressively (and whether it hurts, or not) jerk your hand away and sharply say "OW!!!"

She doesn't want to hurt you and if she thinks she's hurting you she won't want to do it anymore

facebook