Thread: Friend's new cat problems

Friend's new cat problems

I have I question-I should ask the experts!

My mom's friend found a cat in her yard and wants to keep it. The cat is fine, but thier other cat hisses at it all the time and she wants to know if it will stop eventually, and what she should do.
    Thanks!
    Lightning theSuperCat!

"A recent study says that over 100% of all cats are nuerotic. That estimate is probably on the low side"

"Most cats need 24 hours of sleep a day. Many cats need more than that"

It is expected for the resident cat to be the one doing the hissing.

Introduce them slowly. The best is to bring the new cat into the house and set him up in a single room behind closed doors. They will both know there is a cat behind that door, and they will listen and sniff at them.

When the new cat is calm with his new room, allow the cats to meet, but only while you are there to supervise. Don't take the new cat OUT of the room , allow the resident cat to enter the room, at least for the fisrt meeting or so,

They will settle in as long as you are willing to allow them to do normal cat routines....they will hiss, and growl. They will posture and follow one another around. And they might even avaoid one another. But MOSTS cats WILL adjust.

Good luck and have fun with new kitty.

What Jen said!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Imagne if you will coming home,to find a complete stranger in your house.
    it would take some time before you got to know the new person,and get used to them.
    And Cats are the same,even more so since they will be sharing the same food and toys.
    Seperate dishes,so the resident Cat,doesnot feel threatened.
    Time will make them Buddies,in most cases.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS