Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you give candy....

Do you give candy....

to older kids? Or do you give them less candy? We give equal amount to each person, age doesn't matter. I know some people don't give any candy to teenagers

I think its ridiculous to not give candy just because of age. Everyone likes to have fun!! I give equal amounts. I think people who think that just because of your age, you shouldn't dress up or trick-or-treat well.. that's just lame. Give them their candy and let them have their fun. They could be doing much worse things on Halloween night.

facebook

I don't want to get egged....besides I don't mind....I get kinda peeved when kids show up past 9 with no costume though, but right now I am paying 3500 to get my house painted and I don't want it to get ruined.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I make up little packets of different candy, plus a lollipop and a small chocolate for the small kids, tied with a ribbon. For the bigger kids (teens) I have a separate basket with full-size chocolate bars, and I give them two each.

We have a rule in our compound - if the porch light is off, then don't ring the bell, which works great for the few people who dont want to be disturbed.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    We have a rule in our compound - if the porch light is off, then don't ring the bell, which works great for the few people who dont want to be disturbed.
    That's the rule here, too. Actually I thought that was a general "universal" Halloween rule -- if the porch light isn't on, don't go to that house.

facebook

We didn't hand out candy this year because people coming to the door off and on annoy the dogs but when we do, I usually give equal amounts to all people...

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

We hardly get any kids anymore- only 9 this year and that was 2 groups. I always over buy cause I want the leftovers. I gave fistfuls of candy bars and lollypops to everyone, costume or not. The kids were amazed and thankful and polite. Logan went nuts. John held her back but we opened the screen door wide so she could see the kids. Unlike Cody who had to be gated, we're sure she wanted to do her usual "smell their feet" thing and play with them. But the kids were kind of scared.

I've been Boooo'd!

I give equal candy to all ages. But if a group of teens come by that has no costume,or at least an attempt at one, sorry, they get less.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

The one person who actually knocked on our door last night happened to do so while the furballs were eating, it scared them so much that they didn't want to go back to their food.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Yes, I do, and depending on HOW they are acting, and HOW they are dressed, I'll actually give them more. If the kids are out dressed to the hilt, having a good tme, giggling, and polite, appreciate, etc, I'll definately toss a few extra candies in their bag. Last year, I had a couple kids show up not even dressed up... not even sure if they had a bag! I tod them I had no more candy!

We usually give to everyone. I know one year I had a friend who had to send her son trick or treating with no costume because they couldn't afford one so I always try to think of it like that maybe the kids' parents can't afford one..
    but yeah I always give the same amount to all ages..We only got like 2 trick or treaters last night and one of them was my little cousin. so we have ALOT of candy left lol..

Since no kids were out trick or treating, I was almost attempted to dress up and go out lol!

That really bothers me.Its those people that got teenagers like my step daughter not going out trick ot treating My step daughter is 13 and she is taller than me.For this reason and the disrespect she got the year before she never went out this year.She says shes too old.I said trick or treating has no age limit and that she should go out and enjoy her teen years.She never. She feels foolish,because of people who thinks older kids should'nt go out for Halloween.I think it's such a shame.I dont treat anyone any differntly.Just that I give the babies cheezies or cookies instead of chips and candy because they cant eat it thats all.I love halloween and I welcome kids of all ages.I love seeing the kids dressed up

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

I had a lot of older kids in thier teens.... and gave them candy anyway...
    I actually ended up giving them more candy because they stuck around to chat a while!

Dan gave out candy to all regardless of age. It helps too that they actually had costumes and weren't out being rude to kids.

I dressed up when I was a freshman in college. My friends and I went to a local subdivision near the university. All was well at first. We'd let younger kids go ahead of us, we were polite and got into the spirit of things, most houses loved our costumes. Then one elderly couple at a house started cursing and yelling at us threatening to call the cops!

I wasn't aware that Halloween had an age limit.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Yeah, I always felt awkward going up to peoples doors, I was always really tall and people would always say "arent you too old for trick er treating"