Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello evry1, I am a newcomer and I want to ask you something!

Hello evry1, I am a newcomer and I want to ask you something!

I want to know how you can make friends and contact others on this fantastic website! Any help?

I have a dog name chubby and she is light brown in colour and she is so cute! She likes to play with me. As a treat, I give her chocolate! Am I harming her in some way, I mean, is chocolate that bad for dogs? What should I give her as a treat?
    I created and made my own website on Elvis Presley - The King, for all of you out there who love him! Have fun seeing his pictures and reading his biography.

GOD BLESS AND LONG LIVE THE KING!

Welcome Baywatch babe,
    I am new here too. Just hang around and join in the discussions. You meet lots of new friends.

I have read up on the chocolate thing and it is not good for your dog. The semi-sweet and unsweetend chocolate are even more dangerous.

I give my dog liver treats, Eukanuba dog loaf (cut up into bits), cheese and hot dog bits, chicken bits ....Well I give her a lot of things depending on how high the desirability is needed!

If she has something dangerous and I need to get it away from her FAST cheese is the best!

So glad you joined us!
    Deb & Dave

"Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog."--Robery Morley

Welcome to Pet Talk! Hope you like this place as much as we all do!

Chocolate is not good for dogs! Dark Chocolate and Semi Sweet Chocolate can be fatal.

Try doggy biscuts, cheese, peanut butter. There are also many other things that you can give your dog for treats. No chocolate though.

Chocolate

Yes! it is bad for them. I give my dogs chicken, it is their favorite. I always buy an extra package for them, boil & boil it. I add the broth to their food in the morning when I feed them. They just love it! I'm thinking of drying some out. Our obedience teacher, dries out hot dogs. It is one of the favorites at school! If you love your dog as I do mine, try not to give them anything that would harm them! I want to welcome you to Pet Talk & hope to be hearing from you lots I'm sure you will make many friends here!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Welcome to PetTalk, I'm sure you will love it here, but whatever you do DON'T give chocolate to your dog. There are many treats out there that won't harm your pup.
    One of the treats we give our pup is called "pupcorn" low fat, low sugar and inexpensive and purchased at Petsmart.
    Glad to have you on here with us.
    Jackie

Welcome to Pet Talk!

Heed everyone's advice. Chocolate is bad.

Hope to see pictures of your pooch!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

DO NOT GIVE YOUR DOG CHOCOLATE

OK one question, how long has your dog been living? Has it been shrowing up? Having the runs? Yeah well if not its obviously super dog and if you have been giving it chocolate for a long time im surprised its not dead already.
    Please bring it to your vet to make sure it is ok.

Welcome to Pet Talk, don't worry you will meet ALOT of great people here. You'll love it.

Hold on there kayann I don't think shes feeding her dog a whole chocolate bunny or anything like that .... I hope

I thought chocolate was only bad for them if they ate ALOT at once ??? You see dog treats coated in chocolate ?? the only chocolate my dogs get is if Im eating chocolate covered raisins I will give them a few, I can't eat in front of them without sharing

Is a little okey or what is to much ??? I know alittle must be okey or they wouldn't make dog bones coated in chocolate. ?? Interested to know.

Any pictures of you baby ?? please share We love to see pictures around here.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

I always assumed those chocolate covered dog treats were a special kind of chocolate. I know that it isn't harmful if just a LITTLE is eaten, but to be on the safe side I wouldn't give them any at all.

Reece is sooooo attracted to chocolate whenever anyone is eating it, it worries me. I pray he'll never come across any while I'm not home. Its a good thing I'm diabetic though and can't have any in the house anyway.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

According to my vet, Milk Chocolate is not very dangerous. It depends on the size od the dog as well. I have been told that dark chocolate is lethal to dogs. Doesn't matter the size of the dog.

Just wondering

I know chocolate is bad, but what is the diffrence between milk chocolate & dark chocolate?

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Chocolate contains theobromine (a compound similar to caffeine) which is poisonous to dogs. A dose of 50 mg/lb can be fatal to a dog. Milk chocolate contains 45 mg of theobromine per ounce and unsweetened baking chocolate contains 400 mg per ounce. Just one ounce of unsweetened baking chocolate can kill a small breed dog. Theobromine when ingested by dogs causes release of epinephrine (adrenaline) which causes the heart to race and serious cardiac arrhythmias to develop. Signs of chocolate poisoning in dogs include vomiting, diarrhea, excessive urination, hyperactivity followed by depression and coma, seizures, and death.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

The fact that Simba had gotton ahold of some reece's under the X-mas tree and had the runs like crazy and was throwing up... i wouldn't give your dog chocolate. the only chocolate Sim has gotton was maybe little chips in the icecream bowl from the ice cream that we let him lick when were done.... it just worries me that she felt so confident giving her dog chocolate.... and just worried me i dunno.....

Oh no Kayann honey don't think I was being rude or unpleasent to you, I just meant don't scare the crap otta her ...lol.. if I didn't know any better and read that "im surprised its not dead already" I would be really scared.

If I were you and had Simba get sick like that I would never let him have chocolate again either.

I guess it doesn't scare me as much because one year (before I had Hannah) I got one of those huge oversized hershey Kisses for Valentines and I left it on my bed not thinking and my moms sheltie went in and got it, she took it under my moms bed (were everything she takes ends up) and ate the whole thing. I didn't relize it was missing untill a few days later and we looked and looked for it and found it under the bed. Nothing happened to her, she wasn't sick or anything ???? and thats not the only chocolate she got into in her life and shes as happy and healthy today then ever. She must be a super dog
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Hey Baywatch Babe welcome to pet talk.