Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you take your dog trick-or-treating?

I took my Resued Aussie Lenny last year...but I usually take Shadow.

This year I was going to take Jack but we have our first night of obedience on Monday from 7:30 pm to 8:30pm...prime trick-or-treating time Oh well, I really just wanted it for the socialization but I guess class is more important, plus, I'm too old to trick or treat...

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

We have never taken our dogs trick-or-treating with us. I asked my mom a few years ago if we could, but she said no . Now we are too old to go trick-or-treating.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

I usually don't take my dogs, because I don't want there to be issues with all the crazy costume people. And little kids running back and forth. However last year, I went to ride my horse, and me and my friend were riding down the street on Halloween day, and we saw a puppy that was just skin and bones. It ran under a house, it was afraid of the horses. So when we got back, we took a drive by the house, sure enough the puppy was nosing through some garbage. When I opened my door he came and jumped in under my legs...and that was that. He was so thin...he couldn't of been more than 10 weeks old. Well my mom wanted to keep him, but we couldn't just leave him in the house with my other dogs and not watch him, and we didn't have a crate, so we took him trick or treating. I was going as a thug anyway, and he was my "pit bull". We had fun, but I had to carry him most the way as he wasn't leash trained...

Last Halloween was my first Halloween with Major.
    I went trick-or-treating with my friend and her dog(R.I.P. Hanson ), and Major was at the farm. Then she had to leave and Major came back from the farm, and I didn't want him to be out in the yard if kids were coming by, so we went out. It was really fun! I put his Halloween bandana on, and a little red blinker light that Val gave us, and people liked him.
    I think I'm kind of old for trick-or-treating, but I really want to go. My idea was to put a mask on so nobody knew who I was (in small towns, everyone knows everyone). But I really want to bring Major, but that would be a dead give away. So I'm in a bit of a dillemma, but oh well.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I am taking Guapo with me tomorrow night when I take my little sister and cousin

I haven't been trick-or-treating in years, before we had Nebo or Syd. I don't think I ever took Reggie or Smokey though I did dress them up at home.

I don't think Nebo would do well, he's usually afraid of strangers I'm sure all the costumes would really freak him out. He's been to plenty of dog halloween activities though.