Thread: Do your cats "talk" to thier toys?

Do your cats "talk" to thier toys?

There is one toy that drives my cats crazy, especially Kfitzi...and he talks to it... he plays with it and will not stop (we usually have to take it away...) and he makes weird noises when playing like he is trying to tell the others " don't mess with me, this toy is mine" he also does it sometimes with plain paper or with the feders hanging from the cat tree...but he goes really crazy with that one toy...

Here is the toy that drives him nuts

The only thing that my cats really talk to is the birds (fortunately for the birds it is through the window! ) I think if they were able to get their little paws and teeth on them they would consider them "toys" though.

Former User Guest
    Nope, but just like Pam said, they will talk to the birds and other animals outside. Just this afternoon they have been chatting to some pigeons, bees and flies Been a busy afternoon for them...Now they're having a little nap.

Mocha Bean talks to her crumpled pieces of paper late at night. She wanders through the house with it in her mouth yowling at the same time....

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by LoudLou
    Mocha Bean talks to her crumpled pieces of paper late at night. She wanders through the house with it in her mouth yowling at the same time....
    LOL Katie!! That must be so funny!!!

LOL Maya does exactly the same but with bottle tops in her mouth. She sounds like someone is torturing her. Not funny when she does it late at night, I wonder what the neighbours think

Foxy also does some funny noises when he plays and with some things he is louder than with others. Thinking of it, he is at his loudest when he plays with Prema.

Clyde talks to his toys all the time. His favorite is this fluffy pink snake. He will carry it around in his mouth, all the while meowing, trying to get everyones attention. He wants us all to see what a great "hunter" he is!

Peanut never says much at all, but Tubby has taken to talking to Peanut! He never used to do this, but lately whenever he sees her or starts walking towards her, he makes this kind of like purring sound in his throat. Then he'll go up and sniff her. Depending on what her mood is she'll either walk away - in which case he'll follow her making this noise in his throat, she'll tolerate his sniffing for a minute or two then walk away, or she'll tolerate his sniffing for a second and WHAP! the paw comes out and all hell breaks loose. I really have no idea if he just wants to play and is being an instigator or if he's finally - after about 12 years together - trying to make friends.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Bonzo also "Trills", for lack of a better descriptive word. He carries on full conversations with those "Little Imaginary Men". When he is bored or want us to go cuddle with him he has the MOST PITIFUL YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeOW! I think he learned that last summer when he got sick. Mommy and Daddy will drop everything and come running if I YeOW like that. He uses it to his advantage now every chance he gets!

Re: Do your cats "talk" to thier toys?

Originally posted by Efrat
    he is trying to tell the others " don't mess with me, this toy is mine

Ritz doesn't talk to her toys - however once she growled when I was playing fake fur mouse with her - she had it and didn't want to give it up....

However, she makes up for the silent play at night when she takes every little mouse and shoves it under the foyer closet door and then proceeds to charge into it feet first trying to retreive it....sounds like she's moving furniture!

There have been many nights when we woke up and thought someone was moving around downstairs!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"